Chapter 8

Lance and Shiro had given the three a ride back to their ship. It was of Altean make, something Zora hadn't been expected. The alteans had been wiped out by her father hundreds of years ago. After their king had betrayed her father and attempted to lock him away.

  "Hello there! I'm Allura, it's lovely to meet you. I'm so sorry about the accident with your ship," A tall Altean girl with long white hair said rushing towards them.

"I'm Zora."

"I'm Sanjana."

"Kiba."

  "Zora, Sanjana, you have such beautiful names. Would you like to me to show you to the room you can stay in? Until we find a planet safe to drop you off that is?" Allura asked earnestly. 

 God, these Paladins were naive. Zora had been expecting hardened warriors, soldiers with as much skill and experience as Kiba. But these were so young, probably around her age. So Zora smiled, "Yes, that would be lovely."

 "Right this way, it will be so nice to have some more girls on the ship. Even if it just for a little while," Allura smiled and began walking down the hall.

 Zora and Sanjan followed, Zora could hear Kiba talking to Shiro, she wondered what kind of story he was spinning. If these were really the Paladins of Voltron, then why hadn't her father already been able to crush them?

   "Here you go! Once again, I'm so sorry about your ship."

"It's alright, it was stolen anyway. Not really our to begin with, just an old Galra ship."

 "So you've had a run in with the Galra as well."

"Yes."

"Don't worry. The Paladins will be able to defeat them, and then everything will be back to the way it was," Allura said cheerfully.

  Allura seemed nice, why would someone like that try to throw the universe back into Chaos? In fact, none of the Paladins seemed to be evil. She'd met meaner and ruder Galran soldiers; so why would they want to topple the order her father had created?

 "I'll leave you two here to get settled," Allura's voice pulled Zora out of her thoughts.

 "Thank you."

"Don't mention it!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  The room Allura left Sanjana and Zora in was brightly lit and cheerful. Nothing like Zora's room on the Galra ship. Yet she still missed the familiar sound of the engines running, and the thumping of the soldiers boots.

 "It's all going to take some getting used to Princess, but it could be worse," Sanjana said quietly. 

 "Sanja. I don't understand. They seem like good people, why would they want to topple the order my Father has brought to the universe?" Zora asked. She wanted more than anything for her handmaid to have an answer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Sanjana stared at Princess Zora, whose eyes were clouded with confusion. She wished there was something she could say to help her friend feel better. Sanjana had served Zora since she was a child, and she knew many secrets that very few Galran would be privy to. Zora wasn't like most Galran, she would try to talk before she would fight. She was gentle and kind, but Sanja knew that too would be crushed deep inside her as she grew up in the care of The Druids. Emperor Zarkon had placed his daughter under the care and teaching of The Druids, Zora had power locked inside her that Haggar had told Sanjana might one day rival the power of Voltron. Sanja had kept many secrets from her Princess, but she couldn't do it anymore.

 "Princess, If I may speak freely."

"Of course, please do Sanjana,"

 "Princess Zora, you have never truly been anywhere other than inside your father's warship. The conditions for the peoples he has conquered are not always very good. To some, Lord Zarkon is seen as a tyrant. He has ruled over the universe for thousands of years. Before his rule, the planets still lived in harmony, but now he rules over them, harvesting resources from the planets until they are nothing but ruins."