Chapter 13

Zora stared out her window, missing Sanjana and Kiba. She wondered what the Druids were doing to Kiba, she was terrified for him. Haggar could be cruel, why would her father send Kiba to one of his Druids? Zora laced her fingers together, letting her head rest on her hands. 

 Her face was still throbbing slightly, and she could feel swelling on her cheekbone. Galra healed quickly, she'd be fine in a few hours. But Kiba wouldn't be fine once the Druids were done with him. 

  Staring out at the swirling cosmos, Zora thought on the past 5 months. Her father had his people stretched way too thin, not enough soldiers at each outpost. Galra had an inherent pack instinct, they did best in groups. Keeping such a small amount of soldiers at each warship caused the soldiers to be aggressive and on edge. It was cruel and it was wrong. The Galra were her people too, and they weren't being treated well. Zora hadn't seen a single female galra or child at any of the bases. All of the soldiers were male, and none of them talked about their families. Which meant they were either very private about it or didn't have any at all. There weren't enough female Galra, because the war had killed off most of them. Zora's people were dying off. They mass produced droids and weapons to hide how small their numbers were. A Galran lifespan was about 300 years, some lived longer, but most of these soldiers weren't making it to 50. 

 But what could she do? She was just one Galra, and she wasn't half as strong as most Galra at that. Some of the soldiers at the Outposts had tried to teach Zora to operate a blaster, she hadn't managed to grasp how to properly fire one.  The only thing she was good with were knives, she could throw them with deadly accuracy and could have a knife between her opponents ribs before they realized she was there. But she couldn't exact walk up to one of her fathers Druids and stab them.

 Zora wanted Kiba back, and she missed Sanjana. Her best friend, whom she prayed had been delivered to Earth. Sanja would have known just what to do, and she'd always been there for Zora. With Sanja gone, there was an emptiness, and no amount of fighting could fill that void. Zora refused to lose Kiba as well, so she stood up, straightening her black dress and heading for her door. She had a in a pocket hidden in her dress, and she glared at the soldiers who were at her door, daring them to try and stop her.