Chapter 12

Zora stood in the empty hall of the warship, she could hear shouting. Kiba stood at her side, his yellow eyes narrowed. A small part of Zora feared her father would kill her, or Kiba.

  As though sensing her thoughts, Kiba stepped forward, "I'll be at your side Princess. I won't let any harm come to you."

   "Princess Zora, your father will see you," A Galra soldier said, walking into the hall. 

 Zora straightened her back, walking forward into the large room. Emperor Zarkon stood facing a large window, his back to Zora. She glanced at Kiba out of the corner of her eye, he stood by the door, his muscles tense. 

  She stepped forward, her steps echoing loudly. Zora didn't want to be the first to speak. 

 "Zora," Her father said quietly. "I'm incredibly disappointed in you."

 "I'm sorry My lord."

 "It doesn't matter. Why did you leave?"

"I wanted to see your mighty empire with my own eyes, and to see the Bases under your command," Zora said.

  Her father stiffened, "So you ran off."

 "I'm sorry Sir."

  Emperor Zarkon whirled around, backhanding Zora. She gasped, falling to her knees. Zora was vaguely aware of Kiba moving forward, starting to draw his weapon. 

  "Kiba Stop!" She shouted, holding a hand out. 

  Her father already had his back to her staring out the window, ignoring his daughter. "You may leave Zora, your room is as you left it."

  Kiba grabbed Zora, pulling her to her feet. The left side of Zora's face was throbbing, hot pain burning across it. They left the room, walking out into the hall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Halfway to her room, soldier swarmed around them. Guns aimed at Kiba's chest.

 "What on earth do you think you're doing?" Zora snapped. 

 "Apologies Princess Zora," One of the soldiers said. "But we are under orders from Emperor Zarkon, Kiba is to go to the Druids for reconditioning." 

  "Princess, it's alright," Kiba said quietly. Kiba held his hands out, "I'll go with you."

   Zora watched the guards escort her friend away, feeling completely helpless. She truly hated this warship.