Chapter 29

Zora walked quickly through the warship, heading to a meeting with Haggar. A messenger had come running from the Druid's lab, announcing that Haggar had important news to share. Kiba followed Zora, as always, frowning. 

 When they arrived in front of the Druids lab, Zora hesitated, staring at the massive metal door. Kiba stepped forward swiftly, knocking on the door and then stepping back behind Zora.

 The door swung open, and they stepped in. The interior of the lab was dimly lit, fog rolling off the various surfaces. 

 Zora cleared her throat, mustering all of her nerve, "Why have you summoned me Haggar?"

 "Patience Child. Patience," Haggar hissed, emerging from the shadows. 

 Kiba glowered at Haggar, "The Princess asked you a question!"

 Haggar's eyes narrowed, and she waved one of her hands. Kiba was sent flying back and into a wall. 

 He let out a grunt of pain, jumping to his feet and flicking out a set of daggers. 

 Zora couldn't risk Haggar killing Kiba. As much faith as she had in her bodyguard, Kiba wasn't a match for the Druids. Zora stepped quickly in front of Kiba, "That's enough Haggar."

 "I apologize Princess," Haggar hissed, bowing. "Come this way please."

 Zora followed Haggar, filling more and more with apprehension with each step. She could feel Kiba tensing behind her, like a cat ready to pounce. 

  Haggar pulled aside a trapdoor, revealing a massive cage, one Zora knew the Witch used to house her test subjects. It could hold several creatures in it, but now it held only one. 

 A familar face, a human boy, with a scar running over the bridge of his nose and a shock of white hair standing out against the rest of his hair. He was beaten and bloodied, but still alive, glaring defiantly up at them. It was Voltron's Black Paladin, Shiro.