Prologue- The Beginning

Were's Kingdom

1993

Anthius Herropholo, were-worlds almighty alpha had Aledon Langeis bow before him on one knee with his head bent. The alpha studied him carefully from his throne. Anthius could not believe the previous spreading rumour for he trusted every one of his weres to distance themselves from witches. Now a youth was born. A youth that should never be.

"Aledon," Anthius hid back all worry from his voice "what have you done?"

Aledon lifted his head, his eyes a starry, bright green "I've fallen inlove, alpha"

"To a witch!" Anthius exclaimed rising from his seat "Have you gone mad?"

"If loving her is insanity, then yes, I have, alpha"

Witches were undeniably beautiful, that was a fact. Weres were nature lovers, charmers as well. If the two were to mate, it would create an inhumanly beautiful immortal. An immortal that should never live.

"Surely you aren't daft! A witch?" Anthius shouted, his voice bounced off the palace walls

"I love her, alpha. Now we have a bairn. I will not leave her now" Aledon replied, rising to his feet in preparation to leave.

"You will not take a step out of my palace!" The king boomed "You will stay in your quarters until I command you out." He waved a hand to two guards and they moved to take hold of both of Aledon's arms "By the time I do, I want him to prepare for his final breath."

Aledon's eyes widened in shock

"Your witch will be first, and then you" Anthius announced "Take him away"

Aledons struggles were useless to the well-trained guards

"I will not allow this to happen again, a barrier for the witches from the weres will be built, you both shan't be a problem. And that bairn will die with both of you" Anthius spoke with finality

Aledon wildly struggled against the guards, screaming in protest, as they took him  away. Anthius returned to his throne and to another guard he said, "Bring me the witch. I want her alive."

"If she struggles?" the guard asked

"Do whatever it takes" Anthius stated, slightly annoyed that his guard questioned him "just bring her here, alive"

"Yes, alpha" with that the guard walked away, a few following him on his signal

____________________________________________________________________________

"Althea, take her to the human world" Iserra Pharra pleaded to her sister, handing her the baby

"Why?" Althea wondered aloud, baffled by her siblings demand, but held her beautiful niece in her hands nevertheless.

"They will come after me, Aledon warned me long ago" Iserra answered "You have to take her to where she is safe" a pause as she draped her pendant, around her baby's neck.

"Come after you? Sister, I can't-" Althea's eyes were wide with worry

"Please, Althea, please" Iserra pleaded "Choose her life for her. Give her to the humans, they'll take care of the baby there, but you have to make sure she isn't in the hands of wrong people,Althea, you must promise me you won't leave her alone there until you have found very good people for her"

Althea could only nod, taking in her sisters words "Why give her your necklace? Your powers won't be effective unless you wear it-"

"If I die today, the necklaces' curse will come to life" Iserra answered

"Curse?" Althea's eyes widened

"Weres mates. My daughter won't ever be alone, even if its what it seems to her." Iserra looked at her sleeping angel in Althea's arms and almost cried a tear when she realized she won't be able to watch her grow up, teach her how to use her powers, fall in love and...

She stopped her thoughts. She knew this was the only way for her daughter to survive, she couldn't think of anything else but this. "Althea, you have to go. Now"

The sound of far away trotting of the horses suddenly seemed so near.

"Sister, what curse?" Althea insisted

"It can only be lifted with love" Iserra answered "Once the jewel in her necklace glows, the love is pure and forever, it won't ever be broken no matter what will come" a pause "Althea, please go. Now"

Althea scrambled and disappeared into a cloud of smoke. The guards didn't bother to knock as they kicked down the door. Iserra wiped away her tears and faced them.

"What is it that you want?" she asked politely, eyeing their hands on their swords and seeing about seven of them. Knowing her powers were weaker now, she didn't bother to fight back.

"King Anthius wishes to see you" a guard stepped forward

____________________________________________________________________________

 -this has been edited-

Please comment and tell me what you think!! :D