Epilogue

Epilogue:

New York was supposed to be the city for me to escape what- or should I say who- I knew I should forget. But it was impossible. I couldn’t forget her. How could I? Could anyone forget the deep brown color of her wavy hair? Or the feel of her smooth, pale white skin? And those pinkish, soft lips…

How I missed her.

And now I was going back.

Four years were probably enough for her Auntie to have already taught her all about what she needed to know. Althea must have already given her all techniques on how to use her powers. These positive thoughts gave a bright side to my thoughts. She would finally be mine.

The movement in my left pocket brought me out of my reverie. I slid the vibrating device out and placed it to my ear, “Hello?”

“Hey,” she replied, her voice seemed gloomy; upset “I heard you were leaving”

I closed my eyes and swallowed. This girl had been around a lot and if she continued, I would be falling for her very, very soon. This said girl’s appearance was, indeed very eye-catching, but inside was a fierce, open fire. I could almost say I missed her big brown eyes and fair skin, her light brown hair and short, defenseless appearance. But there was just one thought blocking those. The woman I would be returning to, after all these years. Jaymes.

“To where?” she asked, her light voice bringing me back to reality

“I’m visiting a friend” I could never lie to this girl “it’s been four years and I just want to see her again”

I could picture her nodding and pouting that tiny pout of hers, “Jaymes?”

I sighed “Yes,” there was silence; then I spoke again “Rose; I think I’ll be coming back”

She scoffed, “Yeah, right after all these years when you avoided me and said that you won’t be back when you’ll finally leave?” she paused “what’s your reason?”

You “My parents live here,” I took a deep breath “my life is here”

“So, you’ll be picking her up, then?”

I thought about that. I did feel as if she wouldn’t be coming back with me. I felt she wouldn’t forgive me once she knew what I knew and why I left her. Right now, even before seeing her, I was expecting her denial. But I was her ammistum; the one in common with her magic, something like a mate, but involving the powers instead of anything else. My magic called out to her and I could only hope with her witch side being dominant, her magic called out to mine as well.

“I don’t know. Maybe, Rose, maybe” I murmured loud enough for her to hear

“I’ve told you many times to call me Addison” she complained “I don’t like the name ‘Rose’. It’s too common”

I smiled; thankful I was able to change the topic without meaning to “I like it” I smiled, even though she couldn’t see it

“When will you be back?”

I took a deep breath, “She turned eighteen last month and summer just started, so I don’t think it will be soon”

“I will call you”

Her voice was firm, and I knew if she said something, she would do it.

“And I will answer them,” I smiled again; another silence, a more peaceful one this time “Bye Rose”

I was going to miss this girl, I knew that much, but the moths inside my stomach told me I wouldn’t be gone that long and I would be with her once again. It didn’t faze me to think that maybe Jaymes wouldn’t be mine, but I guess with the distance, I had gotten used to it. I still would try to be her friend though, and I know this time, I won’t be leaving.

“Goodbye, see you soon” was her reply and then the call ended.

“It might be even sooner than you think,” I whispered even though she could no longer hear me, before I closed the phone and stood up from where I was seated on the living room couch. I had to pack, my flight was tomorrow. I proceeded upstairs, but my mind and maybe even my heart stayed rooted to the phone call that ended merely seconds ago.

I’ll be seeing her again, finally. After all these years.

We all know this isn’t Jaymes’ POV. So, make a guess on whose it is. 

Also, if you guys are questioning her school schedule on why it’s from June to March, well, that’s because I’m in the Philippines and I’m used to the schedule here. I know the schedule in Kalispell isn’t from June to March (or is it??), but I hope you guys understand I don’t want to change the dates and I think you guys like this story a lot, so.. yeah, I’m not changing a thing. :)

And, there won't be a sequel to this after all :( I did try to write it, but when I read my work, it seemed dragging and just unoriginal. I preffered it to be unwritten instead than to be published in a way that another writer may have already written it. 

But, thank you for reading Jaymes' life towards this end, I'll leave the rest of the journey to your imaginations:)

-VioletCastle