Ten- Clueless

Chapter 10- Clueless

 I woke up the next day, early. It was the thirteenth of March today. A Friday the thirteenth; I smiled at myself. I was never one to believe in myths or stories. But something somehow was making me change my mind. I sighed, pulling myself together and walked toward the bathroom. I looked at the stranger staring back at me. Her eyes were tired, what used to be her fair glowing skin dulled and paled. Her dark brown hair looked worn out and rugged, her lips were chapped and dry.

I proceeded to the bathroom for a shower, afterwards dressed into jean, a t-shirt and my sneakers after socks; I grabbed my backpack, took an apple from the kitchen and decided to take the bus to school. I took the spare time to fix my locker and while I was at it, my mind wandered to the event at the library yesterday. I didn’t report or call the police. I couldn’t; I knew I should’ve, but there was a loud nag in the back of my head telling me to keep all of it to myself. It seemed like a stupid idea, but I followed it anyway.

I attended all my classes, partially successful at staying awake in all of them. I spent art class alone, once again and I proceeded to the Library for my shift, with a load of homework in my backpack. Once I arrived, I did a double check on the aisles, finding it good that they were all fixed and only a few people were here. I returned behind the counter and started on my homework, only thinking about the answers and letting the pen do all the writing, I had mastered keeping it straight and writing, what I needed to work on was its speed.

A hooded figure briskly walked past the counter, tossing a folded piece of paper at me without looking. It landed directly in front of me. I looked up at the figure just in time to see it already slipping through the doors. I took the piece of paper, eyeing the pen that had still kept moving. I opened the paper and silently read the words;

I will be meeting you soon

I frowned. Was Kael sending these messages? What for? I crumpled it, tossed it in the trash can and redirected my attention back on my assignment. I arrived home, late. I dropped my bag and went over to the fridge, attacking the lasagna left on the container and scooped spoonful after spoonful, hardly remembering to breathe or chew. Not having proper meals in the day might’ve resulted to this. At least I was eating now.

I washed the plates and then proceeded up the steps toward my room. I washed up, brushed my teeth, dressed into my sleeping attire and snuggled into bed. Tomorrow was Saturday and I had no excuse to leave the house. I sighed; I wasn’t ready to see them just yet. I needed an excuse. I could work at the Library for the whole day. That could be arranged, but what would avoiding my so-called family do? I would still be going home to them at the end of the day. No, I had to work. Plus, I wanted the money. I glanced at the clock to see it was twelve thirty and didn’t hesitate to sleep.

I washed my fingers under the running water of an old, unfamiliar looking sink. The sides of my vision were fuzzy; almost faded. I heard the front door close and I turned around. I was in an unfamiliar house, but my body didn’t turn around to investigate. I saw two figures walking toward me, a male and a female.

“This is Aledon” the female said to me, a beautiful smile on her lips