Fifteen- Different

Chapter 15- Different

I opened the mailbox after parking the vehicle in front of my house and inside, I saw a small black box; the height was of from my wrist to my elbow and a small tag on the bottom side of it. My name was written on the top in swift, cursive motion.

“Hello Jaymes”

I turned my head to the right, “Miss Peters” I greeted “Good afternoon”

She smiled “Good afternoon, you live here, right?”

“Yeah, ohm” I nodded “how’s everything?” though we weren’t very close, there was this live connection that I had with her, I couldn’t understand it, but it was there.

“Everything’s fine,” she smiled “what’s in the box?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” I took a glance at the tag where only the words ‘to the curse’ were written on it “probably from Kael again” I opened the box and pulled out another brown and wilted, yet still intact rose. The moment my fingers met its stem the color brightened and the flower recolored

“Wow,” Miss Peters spoke, unfazed, as if this was an everyday thing to her “neat trick. Though, why would Kael send you flowers?”

“Umm…we’re, uh, we’re not-”

“You’re together” she cut in, stopping my stutter and she was correct.

It had been exactly three days since the night in my bedroom. We haven’t heard from Nicholas, Demetrio or Chad for those days, but I have been receiving these kinds of roses, each of the tags had different words written on them. I shrugged it off though, thinking it could only be Kael. I would have to talk to him later.

“Why him?” she asked

“The list goes on” was my answer

She smiled knowingly, “Have you been practicing that trick?” she asked, referring to the pen trick

“Yes, I guess I’ve improved” I said

“Very nice, could you show me what else you could do?” she asked

“What do you mean?”

“It wasn’t the pen, Jaymes. It was all you” she paused, seeing the shock on my face “there are things you thought you couldn’t do. Do ask yourself, why you think that way if you’ve never tried them? All you have to do is focus; the same with the pen”

“What are you talking about Miss Peters?”

“Call me by my name”

“Ariana,”