Twelve- Explore

Sorry for the late update, guys! :) I lost inspiration the past few days, but it’s back now! :)

Enjoy! :D

Chapter 12- Explore

School was over. Today was the last day and I haven’t seen Kael since he returned my bag and car to me. I managed to hide my vehicle from the three, but Natalie found out and I had to tell them a friend lent it to me while he was away. A lie, obviously, but I managed to make is sound as if it was the truth.

Chad had been coming over more often, almost every dinner he would be with us. He and I hardly spoke, but when we did, I couldn’t decipher why I felt nervous around him or why i always wondered what it would feel like to kiss him. I couldn’t control my thoughts. I didn’t know why. Somehow, something deep inside of me told me that Kael might be able to answer my questions, but that wasn’t the only reason why I wanted to see him again. In such little time, with only a few encounters that I had with him, my emotions ran wildly. But I didn’t want to believe any of the feelings that I felt towards him were rational.

He was a stranger, barely known to me, I hardly even knew what he liked and disliked, and yet I continue to fall. Falling wouldn’t be a problem, except I wasn’t falling physically. I was falling emotionally, for him. A stranger; someone I barely knew. This wasn’t sanity, but, he isn’t sanity. He’s a mystery; the one thing I don’t easily ignore.

I didn’t know what possessed me to be here, but there was no turning back now. I was back at the forest where I last saw the wolf. Dressed in jeans, a shirt and my sneakers, I walked forward, breaking sticks and cracking leaves as I did. I looked up to be greeted by light from the sun covered by the leaves and branches of the trees. My gaze went back down and I only managed to take one step forward when I saw a figure up ahead, not too far from me.

“Isn’t it a surprise to see you here?” he said

“Demetrio” was my confused reply “what are you doing here?”

“We should be asking you that question” spoke another voice from behind me

I turned and saw Nicholas. The hairs on my arms and on the nape of my neck rose

“Tell me, Jaymes” spoke Nicholas, his eyes looking directly into my own; trapping me in “what are you to Kael?”

I was so drawn into his eyes, I couldn’t think of anything else and I felt as if I could obey his every command. But, as if in a trance, I took grip of reality and I looked in Demetrio’s direction. He only grinned and in a blink, he was directly next to me.

I gaped at him “How-”

“We aren’t like them, Jaymes” said Nicholas, from directly behind me all of a sudden, his lips at my ear “we aren’t human”

I stood, still as stone. My skin was sensitive to their movements; aware of what they could do to me in a deserted place as where we were standing now. Nicholas traced a finger down my bare elbow to my wrist, leaving a trail of warmth where he touched.