Twenty- Finally

Chapter 20- Finally

   I don’t know how to describe death. Then again, who does? All I knew was I felt light, as light as a feather. I was in a dark tunnel, up ahead of me was a bright light, and I wasn’t controlling it, but I was headed towards it. I couldn’t feel the ground of the said tunnel I was in, as if I was floating. It’s a kind of feeling as if you’re in a dream. Where you don’t really control anything, and it doesn’t bother you why you are there. It’s as if you know why you are there, but at the same time, you don’t.

  Along the way, other people were passing me by, some looked at me; some didn’t. Their faces didn’t have color in them; it was like a black and white picture, a very peaceful, quiet picture. They didn’t speak, nobody did. I was closer to the light now, and I wasn’t nervous. What would be there for me?

   I stepped out of the dark cave of the tunnel and there wasn’t anything but a clear, white room. I was expecting something, or someone. My inner thoughts led me here after all, or did I do this myself?

  “Jaymes,” whispered a very melodic, familiar voice

When I turned, ecstatic joy was the only emotion I felt upon seeing the couple in front of me.

“Mom, Dad” a huge smile appeared on my lips as I ran towards their open arms.

“Oh, my daughter, ye look just like yer mother” Aledon, my real father, whispered into my ear

They felt so real, so solid; so human. I pulled back, all I felt was joy, no pain at all.

“You’re here, i- I am so happy,” I stuttered

“Oh, my darling,” whispered Iserra, tucking stray strands of my hair behind my ear “we never left you. We were always watching”

Did my cheeks show any indication of redness? “Always; even when I was with Kael?”

They laughed, “No, we closed our eyes on that part” laughed Iserra; my mother had the most beautiful voice.

“We covered our ears, too” added Aledon

My cheeks felt warm now, “I love him,” then the thought of everything and everyone else came into mind, “I have to go back” my voice was firm and worry now grazed my features

“Yes, honey, ye do” murmured Iserra

“It’s not yer time, sweetheart” he said

I held onto their hands, “Come with me,” I said “I’ll need your help. I don’t know how to manage my powers, I can’t shift and I hardly know anything at all about magic, I need your help, mom, dad, please?”

“Althea will always be there to help with yer magic,” she said

“Shifting isn’t in yer genes, my darling, your witch blood is dominant, and therefore you can’t shift” he said