chapter one: "will the pain ever end?"

*penelope's P.O.V*

I sat on the floor of my bathroom at six in the morning before school. I dragged the cold metal up and down my pale, bloody, bruised and scarred skin watching small drops of blood slowly come out of my arm.

A soft knock hit the door and my brothers voice filled my ears.

"C'mon p, we've gotta go." Charlie said softly knocking more.

"I'm coming i'm coming." I said softly.

"Can you just....wait down stairs?"

"Sure." I waited for his footsteps to faint away

I took a deep breath dropping my sleeve over my arm.
"Dear god.......please....in your name I pray......make today a better day.....and give me a friend to help me.....amen." I said softly before leaving the bathroom.

My brother always drives me to school, I started asking him too since my bully rides my bus with me, and it's a never ending hell.

"Bye." I mumbled about to get out of the car when  my brother stopped me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked softly staring into my icy blue eyes.
"I'm fine."  That's what you want to hear right?  I thought.

"Okay......i'm not gonna be home by the way....i'm staying late tonight at work.....so you have the keys?"

"Always." I got out of the car.

I've been living with my brother for two years, after my mother and father died in a car accident. A drunk driver hit them.

I walked into the school building clutching my sketchbook tightly to my chest.

Besides playing the guitar and listening to music I like sletching, it releaves my stress.

I felt something strong collide into the side of my body pushing me into the lockers.
My book flew out of my hands. I slowly got up, despite the pain bursting throughout my body.

"Look at what we have here." I looked up seeing  shawn holding my sketchbook. He was around his two best friends, nash and cameron, them both chuckling with him.

"Please give it back." I whispered.
"Slut had a voice now?"

"Please shawn." I whispered.

"Listen little bitch, that isn't going to happen." Shawn smirked pushing me into the lockers roughly again throwing my book onto the top of the lockers.

I sucked in a  deep breath, softly saying "will the pain ever end?" Over and over again simultaneously getting back up and trying to reach for my book.

"Need help?" A soft voice questioned. I slowly turned my head seeing a tall boy with dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes.

"Yeah." I said weakily. He easily reached for my book handing it to me.

"Here you go." He smiled.

"Thank you so much."

"How'd you even get it up there?" He asked with a small laugh.

"I uh........i just......threw it." I lied.

"Next time you throw it know i'm here beautiful." The boy winked.

"I'm matthew by the way." The tall boy smiled at me, putting out his hand for me to shake.

"I'm penelope." I shook his hand.

"Well.....i'll see you around then...penelope."  He smiled brightly.

"See you around matthew."

"You can call me matt beautiful."
"Okay matt." I smiled weakily.

He walked away, I slowly turned around to go the class when I saw shawn leaning against lockers staring at me. When he saw me looking back he instantly walked away.