chapter four: "you didn't hear?"

*shawn's P.O.V*

I walked down the hallway with my two best friends nash and cameron walking passed penelope's livker. She wasn't there which is strange she goes there first every morning.

I've been bullying her since we were in seventh grade and it's come to the point that I don't know why I do this anymore.

But I don't feel like I need to stop or I should.

Things are going great for me, maybe not so much for her.

Walking down the hallway I saw ms. Anderson crying, sobbing matter a fact.

"W-What will happen to her?" Mrs. Anderson continued sobbing through the words into the school's security officer mr. Presley's shoulder.

"Everything will be fine." I noticed a girl talking to one f her friends, I assume, about mrs. Anderson since she was gesturing to her multiple times.

"See you guys in class." I left nash and cameron walking over to her.

"Hey.....uh.....what's going on with mrs. Anderson?" I asked softly looking at her.

"You didn't hear?"

"About what?"

"Penelope tried killing herself......she's in the hopsital." I felt my whole world crash down.

I know I bullied her, and I told her to kill herself but i've always loved her.

I was lying when I said I shouldn't stop....i should I should be the one in the hospital not her.

She's so beautiful with these blue eyes and a perfect smile that I wiped away from all existence.

It's my fault.

"What hospital?"

"Jameson town."

Penelope was always the teachers pet, one of the many flings I bullied her about.

She must've had a really big effect on them like she did with me.

I ram into he hospital. "Good morning sir how can I help you?" A women asked me behind the desk. "Uh.......do you know  where penelope grey is?"

"First floor Room 221." She smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled running down the hall.
I counted the numbers in my head till I saw the number 221.

There was a tall boy sitting in a chair infront of the door.
I pressed my hand to the dorknob when his voice stopped me.

"Who are you?" He questioned standing up from the chair.

"Who are you?" I questioned.

"Charlie.....penelope's brother.....who are you?"

"I'm sorry." I breathed heavily putting my hands up in serender slightly.

"Who are you?" His jaw was clentched and he gave me an angry look.

"I-i'm shawn." Without warning he punched me in the jaw, making me fall onto the floor.

I pressed my finger to the pain in my lip seeing and feeling blood on my fingers.

I wiped away the blood standing up.
The boy was breathing heavily like me. A look of anger still on his face.

"I deserved that."
"You deserve a lot more-" He started walking over to me but I pushed him back.

"Listen........i want to make things right with penelope."

"No you don't......if you did you would've years ago, she still would be at hone, watching tv and drawing.....she would still be living and breathing and...........she could've been happy." Tears streamed down his face slowly as he sat back down in the chair.

"I'm sorry."

"I am too."

"Why are you sorry?" I questioned.
"I never noticed."

"You're her brother?"

"Yeah."

"She talked about you alot."
"I'm the only family she has left."

"Can i go in.......and see her?"

"Sure." I took a deep breath walking inside.

The walls completely white along with the rest of the room.

Flowers and stuffed animals surrounded penelope from her family and people from school.
I walked over to the chair sitting down staring at penelope.

Her dark hair scattered all around the white bed. Her eyes closed, so I wouldn't be able to admire her icy blue orbs.

Tubes in and around her.
I felt myself tearing up.  I slowly grabbed her hand. The usual cold i'd feel was warm compared to her hands now, yet I didn't mind. I moved her hand over seeing her arms covered. The doctors cleaned her up. I traced the cuts and scars and bruises that I put on her body, over and over again.

"Penelope.......i am so so so sorry.......for the hell i've made your life. I should've loved you the way I wanted to show you, I wanted to show you that I love you for who you are, for your eyes,  and skin, and smile.......when you wake up......which I know you'll do, I hope you'll be able to forgive me.......but if you don't or can't....i understand." I weakily smiled standing up from the chair and kissing her fourhead softly before leaving the room.

There cameron and Matthew stood.

Matthew and I aren't typically friends...I know that he likes penelope....which pisses me off. He has more of a chance than I do.

"Where's nash?" I questioned.

"Buying roses and chocolates.....i have a stuffed animal." Cameron held up a blue elephant squeezing it made it toot.

"Can i see her?" Cameron asked softly.

"Sure." Charlie mumbled.

"Are you gonna leave?" Matthew questioned.

"No......not until she wakes up."
"Do you seriously believe she's gonna want to see you shawn?" Matthew gave me a slight smirk.

"I think she will."

"She won't shawn......you made her life a living hell."
"I said i'm sorry."

"Who said she was listening?" I instantly ran over to matthew grabbing a handful of his shirt and pushed him against the wall.
"Stop it." Charlie pushed me away.