chapter twenty one: found

*penelope's P.O.V*

matthew walked over to me pulled the straps off of me.

"What are you doing?" I asked softly.

"You have a visitor." Matthew gripped me by the arm pulling me somewhere.
We went outside and there he was, shawn.

"Shawn." I smiled.

"Penelope."
I could hear the sound of a gun clicking and something cold against my head. Shawn gasped.

"Are you here alone?"

"Obviously." Shawn gestured.

"Fine.......you did as I said." Matthew pushed me over to shawn. Shawn hugged me tightly kissing all over my face.

Slowly shawn pushed me behind him.

"But that doesn't mean that i've gotten what i've wanted." Matthew stared at the two of us.

"And what do you want matthew?" Shawn asked. Matthew revealed his gun to the two of us. Pointing it at shawn.

"To hurt you shawn."

                 *shawn's P.O.V*

The Las thing I really heard was two guns go off. At first I thought I was dead. That i'd be on the floor and penelope would crying next to me screaming.

But when I opened my eyes penelope was on the floor clutching her leg, with a big red spot pouring through her jeans.

She was crying softly. I turned my head seeing that matthew was also on the floor clutching his side.
I dropped onto my knee's calling the police as quickly as I could.

Next to penelope was a gun.

I knew what she did, and she did it for me.

Tears poured down my pale cheeks.

"You're gonna be okay.......i promise you will be.........everything's gonna be okay.....you're gonna live........we're gonna do everything together.....watch sunsets and eat at the beach..." I slightly smiled as penelope stared at me.

"Shawn?"

"Yes penelope?"

"If I don't make it......then it's okay.....let go.....live life..........you'll be fine I promise.....i'll be watching over you." She smiled. I pressed my lips onto hers.

Sirens wailed in my ears and people instantly surrounded me.

"How is she? Will she be okay?" I asked one of the paramedics.

"She was shot in the leg and the bullet barles even got in her leg....she'll get a couple of stitches but she'll be okay."

"Thank you so much.....can I ride with her?"

"Of course." The paramedic smiled at me and let me inside the ambulance.

"Hey shawn." Penelope smiled. She layed on the stretcher. Her right leg covered in bandages and a small circle of blood bled through.

"Hey penelope......i'm glad you're okay."

"Me too."
"I don't think i'll ever be able to repay you penelope." "I know that shawn....i took a literal bullet for you....and shot matthew."

"Do you think he'll be okay?" I asked.

"Yeah.......he'll go to jail once they fix him up I told the paramedics and the police who asked me about what happened." Penelope said softly.

"I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too shawn." I kissed her lips softly.
Charlie met us at the hospital. He was pissed but he wasn't that mad, he was just glad penelope was okay.

A lot of kids from school went to see penelope, they were glad she was okay too, not as glad as I am.

I missed her a lot.