Damon Salvatore - Rooftop

"Here you are..." You had looked for Damon for a while, searching the whole house, but you hadn't thought of looking for him outside. It was cold, not snowing yet, but if your instincts were right, you would wake up in the morning to a white world. You shivered when you closed the door behind you, walking up to Damon who was sitting on the porch with his inseparable companion, a bottle of bourbon.

"Why aren't you in there with the others?"

Damon just shrugged, taking another sip while he leaned on the bannister, looking out over the garden.
"I'm having a hard time getting in the mood this year. Everything feels so useless without Elena..." Another gulp and you started to wonder how much he had already had and how drunk he exactly was.
"Why don't you just go back inside to have a no doubt great time with all the others?", he frowned, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"And leaving you here in the cold?" You were shivering slightly and you thought you could see the first small snowflakes coming down. "Nope. Not happening. I'm worrying about you, Damon. You can't shut yourself off completely. Not with Christmas."

He shrugged. "I can. And I will. Even if I have to climb to the rooftop to get that rest." He glanced up. "Which... doesn't even sound like the worst idea ever." He looked back at you. "You're coming? Because if I'm not gonna lose you, I better get you up there instead of having you climb yourself and having to interfere because you'd break a leg if I didn't."

"You're not going to stop because I say it's too high, aren't you?" You knew Damon. He would just leave you here and you'd feel obliged to go up anyway. "Fine. Help me up."

Damon grinned, took you in his arms and jumped up, landing smoothly in the roof. You sat down next to him, holding tight to his jacket, shivering, both of the cold and because you were somewhat afraid of hights. You could almost feel Damon roll his eyes before he loosened his jacket, pulling it over you as well, while you crept close to him.
"You do that often? Sit here, watch the world?" You had to admit it was a beautiful view. The lights of the town were visible, even more in this time of the year where everyone had little light up in the trees in their yards, the snow really started to fall and cover everything with a thin white blanket.

"Yup. It's the only place I can forget how miserable everything has become, ever since I lost her." Damon never mentioned Elena's name, but you knew he was thinking about her a lot. "The rooftop is the only place that's really mine." He smiled slightly before turning to you. "And yours now as well, I guess... if you don't freeze before we're getting down. Drink?"