Advent Event - "Don't drop anything" with Damon Salvatore

You opened the door to the Salvatore mansion, always glad to be back there. It left like a piece of home after your parents had moved away and you had insisted to stay in town. Mostly because you didn't want to spend too much time away from Damon, but that was something you hadn't wanted to tell them. Keeping your small job had been reason enough though, so they hadn't asked any more, luckily. "I'm back!", you yelled, after you dragged in the tree you had bought. A cold gust of wind blew in after you, making you shiver in your slightly too thin coat.

"Thank God..." Damon walked into the room, bringing a smile on your face, just by the way he looked. "I was so worried." He smirked slightly now he saw you were safely inside and rushed to close the door behind you and take over the tree. "Did you still have to wrestle the tree, that it took you so long?"

"I was gone for only five minutes!" You were glad to be rid of the extra weight though, and you started to peel off your coat. "The car just slowed down a bit because I had to pick a tree to fit that monster of a living room you have."

Damon took the phone out of his pocket. "You have been gone for exactly forty seven minutes, Y/N. That's a lot more than you said you would..." He took your coat from you and hung it in front of the fireplace to dry. "And I have missed seeing you every one of those minutes. I still want you to get rid of that silly job. I can take care of you, you know that, don't you?"

You shrugged and sat down on the couch in front of the fire, warming your cold hands and leaving the tree to him. "I know. And I'm still not gonna do it. I'd like to be able to stand on my own legs, not just depend on some filthy rich vampire to spoil me all day long. Not even if that vampire is one of my best friends." Then you smiled. "And I didn't know Damon Salvatore turned into a big softie by now?"

Damon shrugged and put up the tree in the corner of the room. It was the right height, as you had already thought when you picked it out. "A lot has happened over the past few weeks, ok? I don't always know if you'll come home when you leave in the morning. It's out of my control and I hate that." He dragged a box closer to the tree and opened it. You were warmed up enough to join him for the decoration.

"Shouldn't we wait for Stefan?", you asked. The ornaments looked old, like they had been passed on for generations in a normal household. They might have been from the Salvatores when Stefan and Damon were still kids.

Damon shook his head. "He won't be home for a few days and I'm not gonna wait for that. It's just you and me today, ok? By the way...", he grinned, clearly trying to shake off the concerned mood of earlier. "Don't drop anything. I'll kill you."