Damon & Stefan Salvatore - Unexpected Confession

"I wish I couldn't feel a damn thing." You had walked into the Salvatore house and sat down on the couch with those words, kind of regretting you hadn't poured yourself a drink when you were on the way to said couch. You felt how someone sat down next to you.

"What's the matter, Y/N?" Stefan. Of course it was Stefan who started to get worried immediately and asking about what happened.

Even when you had no idea what to tell him. You didn't even know what the problem was yourself. Just that everything got too much, that you just wanted to stop feeling and caring about anything. You had had that when you were human, the problem now was that you could feel how you could achieve that. Something that you wanted and hated at the same time.

"You know you can just do that, don't you?" Damon's voiced exactly what you were thinking and you couldn't help but look up into his smirking face. Just like Stefan did.

"Damon! You're not helping" Stefan was truly indignant, but you hadn't expected anything else from the eldest Salvatore.

"What?" Damon said. "You know just as well as me that it's true. And by the looks of it, she knows it as well. You can lie to yourself, honey, but you can't lie to me. Every vampire does it. Why not her?"

You stood up and put your hands on your hips. Somehow the prospect of turning it off was a lot less appealing when it was Damon who proposed it. Which was exactly your problem. You didn't like the guy, you shouldn't like the guy, but you kept coming back to him. You knew very well you weren't here today because you needed Stefan's support, even when that was the story you were telling yourself.
"You know? It was a mistake coming here. I'm going again."

"Don't let Damon chase you away, Y/N.", Stefan still tried to keep the peace, to keep you from doing what Damon wanted. "He can leave.", he added with a pointed look at his brother. "If he has nothing useful to add here."

Damon laughed.
"Useful? Like pampering her and telling her that if she just persists, rainbows and unicorns will come out to reward her? How did that work out for you, Stef. Wasn't there this minor problem with that ripper side from you if you tried too long to put up a brave face? But yeah, I'm pretty sure you're the best man here in teaching others on how to deal with their emotions." He raised his eyes before walking to the tumbler with bourbon and pouring himself a drink.
"I'll just be over here, watching the train wreck happen."

That was enough to make you explode.
"At least Stefan is trying something! You... you haven't done anything else than making snide remarks ever since I turned, waiting until I'd go the same way you do. And you know what... I don't want to see that happening!" You stalked towards him, stealing the glass out of his grip and gulping up the contents, feeling the liquor burn in your throat. A pleasant burn, something else to focus on than your emotions that were totally messed up.
"And guess what? I am blaming you for all of this. Because for weeks, I'm trying my best not to feel anything for you. Guess what? I failed!"

Both guys were looking at you, dumb struck... a sight that made you realize what it was exactly that you had said and that that was the last thing you wanted to say. So you did the only thing you could think of. You ran.