《1》

˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚˚✧₊⁎⁺˳✧༚

     Keith flopped on to his new-old bed. The bed was creaky and stiff, but soft from his blankets. Keith inhaled the scent of lavender from his bed sheets. The familiarity comforted him.

    He was going to start over. He could make his life better. Moving here was a good idea. He kept repeating these lines through his head, trying to engrave it into his brain; trying to convince himself of this. Trying to forget them.

   "Keith! Hey, man, do you want pizza?" The holler came from outside the door. It was one of his roommates.

Since he was 18, he could live on his own. He moved into an apartment with some other guys who were looking for someone to help them pay the rent.

   Keith thinks for a while, their names were Coran, Shiro, and some other dude. They were in college though. Keith was the youngest (most likely, he wasn't about to ask)  since he was still in high school, it's his senior year though.

   Keith got up and yelled back, "Yeah, thanks."

   Keith went back to unpacking his boxes of stuff. He only had two boxes since he moved around a lot. Well, not because he wanted to, but more like he never actually stayed in the same foster home.

    The apartment had two rooms,
and a small living room which was connected to the kitchen. And a bathroom down the hallway where the rooms are. There are four people living in the apartment, this meant he had to share room with someone. Judging from the pictures on the other side of his room, his roommate was the buff guy named Shiro. In the picture, he was smiling, but his hair was completely black and there wasn't any scar, unlike how he looked now. Keith shrugged. He has, too, changed his appearance in many ways these past few years he has been alone.

Finally done unpacking, Keith looked at his side of the room. It looked organized and neat, so unlike his life.

"Pizza's here!"

With that, Keith raced down the hallway to the kitchen. He was greeted with the aroma of the fresh pizza. And the faces of his new roommates.

"Hey, Keith. You unpacked?" A deep voice asked. It was Shiro.
Keith only nodded. He didn't know these people very well. He didn't want to say something that might ruin this superficial friendship.

"Okay." Now they ate pizza in awkward silence.
Until a ding! could be heard through the kitchen.

Keith lifted his gaze from the empty plate in front of him to the short guy in front of him. His dark blond hair out in tufts under his glasses.

"Uh, sorry guys, it's my partner for a project." He said in a annoyed voice. The others only nodded as if this happened often. "He finally called." With that he got up and went to his room.

    Keith finally gathered the courage to look up to his roommates' faces.

    "So. Uh, I'm kinda new to this... state. So, um, is there some places I should know about or something, you know, like to get around-"

    "We'll give you a tour of the town." Shiro offered. "It's actually a pretty small town, so don't expect much." He finished with a chuckle.

    "Oh! You're still in high school, right?" Coran asked, "We need to show you the school, we can ask Pidge..."

    "Pidge?" Keith asked. I guess it's that other guy's name. "Um, he's still in high school?"

   "Hm, yeah, He's actually up for valedictorian." Shiro said, like he was proud or something. Must be nice to have someone brag about you. The three of them were so close, almost like a family. But they didn't look similar so maybe...

  "Are you guys... cousins?" Keith asked. Then realized how nosy he was being and tried to retract his question.

   "I mean-"

"Nah, I was friends and work partners with his dad and brother... and then..." Shiro's face was full of anger as he tried to explain this. Keith guessed something bad must've happened.

   "Did, uh, something... bad happen?" Keith asked, curiosity almost killing him. He really shouldn't be asking this, especially when Pidge wasn't even here...

   "Yeah, you could say that. And well, now we're taking him under our wing." Coran responded. He must've sensed that Shiro was too angry to respond.

  What happened? Why was Pidgehere? Now that Keith knew a bit more, he wanted to know everything about these people. He wanted to be a part of the family they had formed in this dingy apartment. (He was too desperate)

   "Well. Until sh- he turns 18, then he can go on his own, if he wants." Shiro answered. Then taking a slow bite out of his pizza.

   End of the topic. Another awkward silence ensued.

   "So," Coran cleared his throat, "When are you going to start going to school?"

   "Actually, this we-" Keith tried answering but an angry yell cut me off.

   "Lance!" Pidge yelled from one of the rooms. "You were supposed to turn that in two days ago! Now I'm going to get a bad grade because of yo- what?"

   Pidge came in walking to the living room with a laptop in his hand.

    "Lance... why didn't you tell me? Oh, right. Okay. Well, next time just come over. You know where I live, right? Okay bye." Pidge hung up and sighed.

   "What happened this time?" Coran asked.

   Seems like Lance was a frustrating person.

  "Nothing. We just had 30 points deducted from an English project." Pidge said as he walked back to the kitchen and grabbed a slice of the now cold pizza.

"Oh..." Coran said with pity. "Oh! Tomorrow, can you show Keith around? I'm guessing he's going to the same high school you're going to, right?"

Keith didn't even bother to ask what year he was in. He looked young, Keith could still see soft edges of his face and the dainty frame. But still, there was anger in his eyes that seemed to age him.

"Huh? Oh sure." Pidge said without skipping a beat. He had agreed so quickly it seemed impossible.

"Okay. Well it's already 9:30 so some games and then sleep?" Shiro offered.

"I got a night shift today so I'm gonna head out now." Pidge said around a bite of pizza. "We can start the tour or whatever tomorrow at 10 am?"

"Yeah. Thanks." Keith said. He wasn't used to this. It would take a while.

Wide eyes and a pizza slice halfway to his mouth. He realized: It was going to be okay.

**************************

Thanks for reading this piece of crap and stay tuned for more
(⁎⁍̴̛ᴗ⁍̴̛⁎)