《2》

********************************************

"Hey, you awake yet?" A soft voice interrupted Keith's sleep.

   "Hm, wha?" Was Keith's only response.

   "Oh, c'mon, it's already 10!" The voice said, which Keith now recognized as Pidge's.

    What was he doing in his room? Wait, it was already 10 am? Crap.

    Keith practically jumped out of bed. He finally had plans with someone and he was going to miss them? Oh, hell no.

    Pidge, forgotten, ran out of the room as Keith began to undress.

    "Um, I'll wait in the kitchen." Pidge stuttered as he exited.

   Keith was lost in his own world again.

    He was finally going to do his own thing. Make something of himself. This was the first step he was taking on his own. Well, in his mind, it was. He finally crossed the barrier to freedom and he was going to make the most of it. He was going to show them that he could stand strong on his own.

Finally done dressing, Keith went to the kitchen to see if he could still eat some breakfast before leaving. He wondered where Pidge was going to take them. Now that he thought about it, it sounded like a date. (Did it?) But Keith didn't really think of Pidge like that.

    "Okay. So are you ready? I have a shift at 12 and I have a feeling this is going to take more than two hours..." Pidge seemed rushed. It was a bit annoying to be told that he was just in the way, but Keith was sure Pidge didn't mean it like that. That was what he told himself, at least.

    "Hm? Yeah, I'm done. Let's go." Keith said, knowing he's going to regret not having breakfast. Maybe they could go to some coffee shop...

***

     "Okay, so you're going to Altea High, right? Well, I mean, most likely since the other high school is like in the next city, so. And also, then you wouldn't be able to go to the other school since it's pretty far. Unless, you didn't plan it before, but you don't look like that type of person. And Altea High is way better than Galra high school, trust me. I'm just making sure-"

   Keith cut off Pidge's nervous rambling. "Yeah, I'm going to Altea. Is it nearby or do we need like a car or bus?" Keith really didn't want to have to take the bus.

    Pidge looked up at Keith with a concerning look that made Keith feel slightly uneasy.
     "I have a car. And obviously I can give you a ride. Oh, and we also have to pick up some of my friends. For the ride to school in the mornings, I mean."

      Now that Pidge mentioned it, Keith didn't really have friends. Not here, nor anywhere else. How would this place be any different? Pidge was nice enough to talk to him now, but Keith didn't want to be a burden to him during school too.

     "Let's go to the café. It's the only coffee shop here..." Pidge mumbled, "Let's just hope Lance doesn't have a shift right now."

    Keith was curious about who this Lance person was. He had been mentioned twice, both in a more negatively way. Was he a delinquent or a school bully? 

    When they entered the coffee shop, the sweet aroma of chocolate and coffee filled Keith's nostrils. Hot chocolate. His stomach rumbled.

   "Oh! Hey, Pidge!" A loud voice rang throughout the half-empty shop.

   "Oh great." Pidge said in annoyance but now that Keith looked at his face, Pidge's eyes were filled with affection.

    "Hey! Who's the new guy?" The brown haired guy yelled, even though he was right in front of us.