《10》

*******************

Keith woke up at 4:57 am without meaning to. His eyes were sore from crying earlier and his whole body felt tired. But he didn't want to go back to sleep.

   So, he would daydream.

   Daydreaming is probably his favorite pastime. He could think up so many different happy stories. He could go to different dimensions.

But, of course, it's all fake. And it would never happen.

But he kept daydreaming (even though it was still dark outside so would it really be 'day'dreaming?) and imagined what happiness would feel like.

***

Keith groaned as he blinked his eyes open, stretching his arms. Did he really have to get up? It was now 7:23 am and it was a school day. Whyyy, Keith whined in his head.

He sat up and moved his feet off the bed, feeling his back stretch and pop. He was now facing Shiro's bed, which was empty.

   Scratching his head, he felt his hair was messy and tangled. The perks of having long(ish) hair: knots, Keith grumbled.

    Finally standing up, Keith goes to his drawer and carefully picks an outfit. Most of the time he could care less what he wears but today, he was sure he had ginormous bags under his eyes and he couldn't afford to look worse.

     Sighing, Keith finally exited the room and headed towards the bathroom.

     "Heyo, Keith," Coran chirped from his cup of coffee in the kitchen.

    It smelled like coffee and muffins, Keith's stomach grumbled slightly.

     "Good morning, Coran," Keith said, his voice hoarse from sleep.

     Coran chuckled and Keith walked towards the bathroom.

     Reaching for the handle of the door, Keith felt the hairs on his neck stand up. This is not the same door, Keith scolded himself as he turned the knob.

     The door turned out to be locked.

      "Ah! Wait up..." Pidge shouted from inside the bathroom.

       A click could be heard and a "come in" from Pidge.

     "Um, okay..." Keith a bit nervous and confused.

      He opened the door, closing his eyes slightly just in case.

     Pidge was standing in front of the mirror with his brush in hand, struggling to get knots out of his hair.

     Keith put a hand over his heart, I'm not alone in this struggle.

     Silently, Keith took the brush from Pidge's hands and began brushing Pidge's hair more carefully.

    Keith had had a sister once and she told him that tangles were easier to brush out slowly... or something like that.

     Pidge let Keith brush his hair, pouting, and focused on adjusting his binder under his shirt.

       "What are you even doing?" Keith asked as he saw Pidge reach under his shirt and arching his back.

      "...nothing..." Pidge grunted again, trying to move his binder a bit more to the side. Why is this thing so tight?! Pidge thought. Whenever stuff like this happens (body dysphoria, binder issues, being misgendered), he was always comforted that by the fact that he was finally taking T and he would soon have his surgery.