《15》

an actual chapter this time~
************************

    Pidge dropped his bag on the table, scaring Lance and Hunk, who hadn't noticed his presence.

     "Agh!" Hunk yelped, his pencil flying out his hand.

     They had agreed to meet in the library since none of them had work today, and Keith had to stay after school.

       "When's Keith getting here?" Pidge said around a mouthful of crackers he had been eating on the way here.

    Lance shrugged, going back to doing some of his homework. The library was mostly empty except a few kids that were lingering around or studying, even the librarians were gone (that probably wasn't smart though); the chairs on top of the big wooden tables, except for the ones Lance and Hunk had taken down.

    "What about the club?" Lance mumbled.

    "I've already assigned a new president and everything," Pidge responded, "'cause I'm a senior." He raised his eyebrows flauntingly.

      "Oh. I suppose there's a new secretary." Lance asked nonchalantly, almost glaring at Pidge.

  "And a new Vice President?" Hunk also asked.

     Pidge felt uncomfortable underneath Lance's gaze. "Um, well, yes..." He replied, shifting from foot to foot.

       "Okay." Lance murmured and went back to his homework.

    "Well, less responsibilities , less stuff to do.." Hunk sighed.

     "I mean, we're still gonna be going to meetings.. we still need the hours for extracurricular activities.." Pidge said, hoping to lighten the mood.

      "Yeah, except I-"Lance grumbled, but soon cut off by the library door opening with a lot if bang.

     "Keith's here!" Hunk called out.

     Pidge nodded, glancing at Lance to see if he was going to finish what he was going to say.

    Lance just shrugged and let out a big sigh.
  He leaned on the table, hands intertwined, and a big dazzling, fake smile.

    Pidge frowned a bit at his change.
Well, no time to think about it! Big news up ahead!

    "So what's up?" Keith asked as he dropped his backpack on the ground and sat in a chair.

     Pidge grinned. "There's a band competition is in June. We have about six months to prepare for it. I'm sure we can compose a song and learn our instruments by then."

    "The fuck?" Keith raised an eyebrow, "Pidge. This isn't some high school drama. There's no way we're gonna learn whatever instrument you assign us! It doesn't work like that."

     Lance frowned too, a crease between his eyebrows forming. "Yeah... and compose a song? What do you mean? You do realize that a lot of shit goes into making a song..."

    Hunk was also confused, "Pidge, it isn't that easy to.. we can't just get together and except something great to happen..."

    Pidge huffed. "How about you guys let me explain and then you can complain?"

    Lance sighed and made a gesture for Pidge to continue.

     Keith crossed his arms and leaned onto the table.

      "Look. We don't necessarily need to learn new instruments." Pidge explained. He then gestures towards Keith.

    "Keith can already play the guitar. And Hunk and I used to be in percussion, so Hunk, you can play the drums right? I'll play the keyboard." Pidge now asked Hunk.