Chapter 6: Bonding

I woke up from an awesome dream of Michael and I dating, with all of my memories restored. Of course, it was too good to be true. I got ready for school, only to remember that it was Saturday and there was no school.

There was a knock at the door and I went down to answer it. When I opened it, Michael was standing there.

"Hey, Zoey." He smiled.

"Hey. Come on in." I moved out of the way.

"Nah. It's fine. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go out and do something with me." Michael put his hands in his pockets.

"Like another date?" It sounded like it was going to be a date.

"More like two people hanging out. We were friends a long time before we started dating." He shifted his weight.

"Sure. I'd love to." I went up to my room to grab a purse and came back down.

Michael and I started walking downtown. I knew that we were technically more than friends but I didn't want to show it until my memories were back. I watched people carefully. They looked at me mostly. I'm probably known as 'the poor girl who lost her memory'.

"So where are we going exactly?" I asked him.

"There's a light show the town puts on every year. I thought you might like to go." Michael replied as we got to the local amusement park.

"Sounds fun." I smiled.

"It is. I've been here with my family before." He paid for admission.

"Hold on. I'll pay for mine." I searched my purse for my wallet.

"It's fine. I already paid for yours." Michael led me in.

"You didn't have to do that." I walked after him.

He shrugged and walked through. I loved all of the lights. Michael seemed like he was really trying to not do any couple stuff and to stay friends. I was honestly trying really hard as well. Everyone technically knew that we were a couple, we just weren't showing it.

"Thanks for taking me. It was fun." I thanked him as we left.

"No problem." He smiled and started to take me home.

We walked home without saying much. The light show just felt like another date and I didn't think that we were ready for another 'date'.

At least, I wasn't.