Chapter 9: Announcement

I walk into the gym for my volleyball practice after a while. I saw Mackenzie talking to 2 other girls. One had long black hair and the other had blonde hair just under her shoulders. Mackenzie waved and gestured for me to come over.

"Hey, Zoey." The black haired girl smiled.

"Hi." I came over.

"You probably don't remember us. I'm Alexis and that's Cassandra." The other girl smiled.

"Oh. That sounds really familiar." I grabbed a volleyball.

"We're all best friends." Mackenzie told me.

Soon enough, I was laughing with Mackenzie, Alexis, and Cassandra. Then Coach Henderson came in.

"Zoey, I'm glad you could make it." She mentioned as she noticed that I was at practice.

"Good to be here." I responded.

"The reason I called the team together was I have an important announcement. Because of our almost undefeated season, we made the Top 4." Coach Henderson told the team.

"What does that mean for us?" One rude girl in the back asked.

"It means that the team gets to go the state championships. They're next month, so we have to prepare." The whole team screamed.

"This is amazing." I was surrounded by my teammates.

For the rest of the volleyball practice, we worked on teamwork and calling the ball. I had a lot of fun. I was kinda sorry that it had to end.

I was actually starting to feel normal.