Chapter 8: Movie Night

Later at night, I heard a knock on the door. I went down to answer it and opened the door. A girl with light brown hair with green eyes stood there smiling with a DVD in her hand. I felt like I should recognize her, but I didn't.

"Hey. Come on in. You must be Zach's girlfriend." I moved out of the doorway.

"Uh. No. That's Sidni. I'm Mackenzie, your best friend." she answered as we went into the living room.

"Oops." I led her up to my room.

"Eh. It's fine. Are you ready for our annual movie night?" Mackenzie sat on the edge of my bed.

"Movie night?" I looked at her, confused.

"Yeah. Every year, we get together on the last day of the fall semester and we watch a movie together. We've been doing this since 3rd grade." she got up and put the movie into the DVD player attached to my TV.

"Oh. Sounds fun." I sat down on my bed, facing the TV.

"It is. This year, I brought Pitch Perfect. Last year was Despicable Me." she told me all of our previous movie selections.

I was surprised that she could remember all of the movies. By the time the movie was 1/3 through, Mackenzie and I were laughing as if I had never lost my memories.

"I feel like I've seen this before." I commented during a boring scene.

"You have. You, me, and some of our other friends went to see it when it premiered." Mackenzie responded, eating more popcorn.

"Oh." I focused on the movie again.

We watched the rest of Pitch Perfect. I had a great time with Mackenzie. She seemed like she had fun as well.

"Will you be at volleyball practice tomorrow? Coach Henderson, or Coach Hendy as we call her, is telling us something important tomorrow." Mackenzie asked me as she left.

"Probably. I'll try to make it to practice." I replied.

"Great. As the team's captain, it's pretty important that you're there." she smiled and left.

I was kinda tired after the movie, so I took a shower and get ready to go to sleep. I crawled under the teal sheets.

"I will get back my memories For Michael, for my family, for my friends, and for my team." I promised myself as I drifted off into sleep.