Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

"Avril!" My mom said opening my bedroom door. I finished tying up my shoe lace.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Do you remember what day it is?" She asked.

"Oh...dad's birthday! Right! I forgot...Mum I am sorry.I know what to get him I have just been busy I will run out later and get it."

"Just reminding you. I think your dad needs some Avril spirit, he seems kind of down." She said leaning against my door frame.

"I'm on it." I said. I quickly jumped up and walked out of the room. I ran down the stairs tripping on my shoe lace and falling face first on the steps and tumbling downwards. I groaned in pain.

"Avril are you alright?" Aunt Trixie asked.

"It's all good." I grunted getting up on all fours. I stood up and stumbled into the kitchen.

"Happy birthday daddy." I smiled hugging him.

"Thank you, sweetheart." He said kissing my head and rubbing my back soothingly. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water as he explained what we have to do.

"Josh, Tyler, Avril cover the east side of the forest. Remember no o-"

"One man wolf packs. Got it daddy." I said going to the door. I stood by it and slid it open.

"Ladies first." I grinned gesturing to the door.

"Thanks. Nice mustache by the way." Josh smirked at me. They both laughed as they went out the door.

"It's peach fuzz!" I growled angrily. I slammed the door shut and followed after them.

"Slow down. Dad said for everyone to stay together." They instantly stopped knowing they couldn't disobey the Alpha. We all quickly morphed and rushed into the forest. The herbal scented drifted through my nose. I took a deep breath as the fresh forest air filled my lungs. I loved the forest. It was green and happy and occasionally I would come across a flower patch that the sun would shine on.

Tyler-What are we searching for anyways?

Josh-Dunno, boss man said search so we search.

Avril-We're looking for vampires...idiots.

Josh-Time of the month again, Ms. Priss?

I growled angrily and dug my nails deeper into the terrain to go a bit faster. I got a bit ahead when a shadowy figure came out of nowhere attacking me at my side and tackling me to the ground. I growled and snapped at the air as I hit a tree. Tyler and Josh stopped running and went down low and looked around for a possible threat. In a flash we were cornered by four vampires. We growled and nipped at the air at them. They hissed barring there fangs.

"Come here, doggy." One said smirking widely. Josh took a hesitant step forward.

Avril- Josh wait! I yelled. He lept at one guy and the vampire took him around the waist. Tyler instantly ran out at him. As the barked and snapped to get Josh free from the vampire I was cornered by two unwanting and frightening vampires. I heard Josh yelp in pain but I couldn't look away. They could advance on me if I did. The two advanced on me at the same time. Cheeky bastards...

I growled and looked around for something. One ran at me and I knocked him away with my snout. A low pain formed in my nose and I felt warm droplets hit the ground. Dammit...I hit him to hard...

The other one didn't hesitate and ran at me full speed. He attempted to bite me as his fangs were dimly lit in the forest green light. I growled as he climbed onto my back. What did he think this was? A pony ride!?

I spun my head back and grabbed his shirt with my teeth. I swung him off but the shirt ripped and he easily landed on the balls of his feet. I forgot all about the one I hit away because he ran back and clawed at my back a sharp pain and warm liquid came from my side. I growled in discomfort and limped down a bit on my right side. In anger I lept at the one knocking him to the ground. He pushed my face away as I bit aggressivly at the air. He moved one hand away and punched me right in the cheek.Bones cracked and I went flying from the force of impact. I slammed my side into a tree and got up whimpering. I ran back at him and this time putting my head down he went flying into a tree. A branch stuck out and went straight through his heart. How lucky was that?

The last vampire was still in perfectly good condition. If he was by any chance better then that vampire I might die.

I quickly looked at Tyler and Josh. Josh laid on the ground unmoving and Tyler loomed over him whimpering. I growled angrily but taking my mind off the vampire I was shoved back into a tree. He smirked and bit my neck not taking and blood. He bit all around my neck and blood poured out. I found some kind of strength to claw at his face with my paw. He let go and touched his face yelling and I sank my teeth into his neck hearing the crunching. I pulled as I held his body and off popped his head. I threw him away and walked over to Tyler. I began dragging Josh like a pup. He wasn't dead.Just unconcious.

I brought him back to the house while Tyler ran inside. I let him go and morphed back. Blood was splattered all over my clothes. A cut with a deep gash rested on my hip, my nose was bleeding, some bones were broken on the side of my face because I couldn't feel it, bite marks spread out across my chest and neck.

"My baby!" Aunt Laci yelled she ran out to Josh as he rested in wolf form uncle Mitch ran after her. Aunt Trixie checked Tyler over he only had a couple of cuts. No broken bones.

"Come inside." My mom said. She held a tissue to my bleeding nose. I quickly walked inside and sat on the examination table. Josh had morphed back and yelling in pain as the doctor checked him over. I sat with a tissue pressed to my nose as dad stitched up my side. Mom came in and pressed a bag of ice to the left side of my face.

"Your cheekbone is shattered. The vampire venom will heal it but it will take a while considering you aren't full vampire." She said. I nodded and checked to make sure my nose wasn't bleeding anymore. I threw the tissue in the garbage as she wiped away the blood on my chest. Dad put away the utensils.

"How many?" He asked.

"Three."

"Strong?"

"Yea. New vampires. They had blood red eyes."

"Let me check on Josh." He nodded walking away.

"Okay. The marks will stay they won't leave. When a vampire bites another vampire the bite becomes a silvery scar. It doesn't heal."

"My face is swollen isn't it?"

"Yea. It will stay swollen. But other then that you should be fine. Don't over push yourself. Rest." She said.

"I will." I said getting off the table. I walked away with ice pressed to my face as Josh yelled in pain.