Chapter 24

Chapter 24-

When I woke up the next morning Alexei was gone from the bed. Drawers were opened and they were empty I guess that was his old...wife's things?

I wore just a shirt and jeans and goose bumps rose against my arms. I opened random doors in the bedroom finding a large bathroom, a closet with towels, a empty closet and finally Alexei's closet. It was mostly filled with suits he had maybe three pairs of jeans and a couple of shirts but mostly dress shirts,suit pants and jackets and finally his sweaters. I remembered all of them. This one should fit...it was his hockey sweater from grade nine. I shrugged it over my head, it was a bit big but nothing overly large.

I opened the door and peaked my head out. The hallway was empty,it was dead. Well then again there are vampires walking around here...

I decided to take a left and when I rounded the corner I slammed into someone. Of course it is a familiar someone. I looked up into the eyes of Alexei he glanced down at me and raised an eyebrow.

"I got cold." I said looking away feeling my cheeks get warm.

"Come. I have something to tell you." He said placing an arm around my shoulders. We went back to the room where he stood in front of a picture. The picture had a symbol on it with a black background. I sat on his bed and just stared at his back.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He grabbed the picture on the side of its frame and opened it. Inside was a little safe.

"That's so cool." I said trying to see around him. He did the code and took something out but I couldn't see. He shut the safe and put the picture back over it. He walked over and sat beside me. He placed a small deep purple box on my thigh.

OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG...

I pictured this day for a long time. I opened the box and it was...

empty?

"What the hell?" I asked pulling back the little foam. It was empty.

"I figured you would put on that exact sweater..." He said looking away.I looked down and placed my hands in the pocket and felt something. I pulled out the ring and laughed at myself.

"You know me too well." I smiled. I looked at it and began to giggle like an idiot which is what I usually do when I am excited or lying. The ring had a silver band with two white diamonds beside an amethyst one in the middle. I liked the colour purple and amethyst was my birth stone.

"It's so pretty." I giggled.

"Well, Ms. Avril Danvers...will you marry me in one week?" He asked.

"A week?" I asked my eyes popping out of my head.

"Sadly yes. My father wouldn't give me more time. He said the wedding needs to be soon and then we go to the palace."

"This isn't the palace?" I asked.

"No. It is in the vampire realm."

"As long as I get to plan it then yes." I smiled. He smiled and slipped the ring onto my finger. He pressed his lips to mine and I hugged him tightly.

----------------

Over the next two days I planned everything. I had the venue, the place of the actual marriage...the colour scheme which was purple, black and white. I was getting fitted for my dress. The wedding was tomorrow but they were vampires. They didn't need sleep and they could work at top speed. All the dresses I was traying on were black.

"Uhm...Why are the wedding dresses black?" I asked.

"Because that is tradition in the vampire realm sweetheart. Why what is wrong?" She asked.

"Can we maybe add a little white to it?" I asked.  She had on a thinking face.

"I have just the thing." She made me put on a huge ball gown. It had a black top, with a sweetheart neck line, and a black corset with white lacing. The ball gown itself was white but a piece of the black material ran through the one side.

It was beautiful. And it had white.

"That is so pretty..." She smiled. It actually fit me like a glove too. Which was surprising.

"You look so beautiful my dear." She smiled.

"Thank you...This is the dress." I smiled twirling back and forth. I took off the dress and they prepared the bouquet. Black roses and white roses. I walked upstairs and collapsed on Alexei's bed. I was exhausted from all of this and I needed ten minutes to relax.

I heard the door opened and then the bed cave in a bit.

Alexei.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I'm exhausted." I murmured into the bed with my eyes closed.

"I know. It will be all over tomorrow. Don't worry."He assured rubbing my back.

"How did the dress...thing...go?" He asked.

"Good. My dress is so pretty."

"I should have probably mentioned. The whole black dress tradition."

"Oh my dress is half white and half black. It looks really good, so it's okay."

"If you're happy, I'm happy." He said kissing my head.

"Mmm." I mumbled.

🎉 You've finished reading That Hot Vampire with the Amber Eyes...(Sequel to Married at Four!?) COMPLETE 🎉