Chapter 16

Chapter 16-

I waited weeks for Avril's arrival. Everyday I stood out by my car staring at the entrance to the parking lot. Tyler and Josh pulled in but Avril was no where to be found. I began going a bit insane. She was my best friend and I always loved talking to her and now I wanted her more then ever. To see her platinum blond, curly hair bouncing up and down as she walked over. Her nice calming soft laugh, her grey stormy eyes that were never sad or angry....I guess I just missed her...Too much.

Tyler's POV:

"She's been out for two weeks and....a half, bro." I said to Josh. We stood outside of the infirmary. Avril laid on the lab table stretch out. Bandages covered every inch of her upper body. Her upper eye, her neck, rib cage...chest, everywhere. She never moved a flinch in these past weeks. She stayed as stiff as a rock. Her skin paled and looked sunken in because of all the blood loss. She had multiple blood transfusions done and blood pumping into her system. She was on air support and IV to get nutrition.

"Tyler, Josh?" My mom called. She appeared down the hallway.

"Come boys we have a pack meeting." She smiled warmingly. We walked down glancing at Avril as we walked. We weren't related in any way but she was still like our little sister.

We reached the kitchen where most pack meetings were held. Aubbrie sat on the bar stool using the counter as support. She has been a wreck these past two weeks. She never left the house she was pale and sick looking and she was just...sad...but then again that is understandable.

"Now. We have made peace with Yuri's Coven....But there is still a vampire threat of...the new vampires. They are apparently wanted in the vampire world and they are coming after us. So don't think just because we settled things with Yuri's coven that we are safe. We're still hunted by these vampires and from resources apparently they have witches and warlocks on their side." Kaleb explained.

No one said anything in the pausing moment.

"They are taking harmless creatures and threatening them. So beware of random attacks of fairies, vampires, witches maybe even other wolves. Don't trust anyone...even be wary of Yuri."

"What do these creatures want with us then?" I asked out of curiosity.

"They want Avril. For some strange reason they have a target on her. And with her in...a vulnerable state..." He explained. I saw Aubbrie flinch at that and then run a hand through her hair.

"She is unprotected. Anything can hap-"

"Kaleb...she's awake." The doctor said coming in breathless. Aubbrie shot up excitement in her eyes.

"Wait, she is stunned by everything so go slowly anything can set her off. I need to run tests but I suggest prepare her something to eat to see if she can hold it down. I suggest some crackers and water..." He walked back out and we all followed slowly. As we rounded the hallway we heard violent coughing.

Avril's POV:

My body was on fire for what felt like eternity. I screamed for help but no one answered. My heart pounded in my chest and my blood boiled until it felt as if it would explode through my aching, burning skin.

But soon everything cleared. The burning eased I felt tenderness in my neck and torso and my blood cooled and settled as did my jumpy heart, and suddenly...

Everything became clear.

My eyes opened. But one eye stayed closed. I looked around I was in a hospital of some sort. I felt the cool lab table under me. It was warm though from the heat that was brought to my skin. I looked around I felt weak and my stomach growled in anger. My throat burned with thirst for blood.