Chapter 18

Chapter 18-

Avril's POV:

I woke up in a cold sweat after a frightening dream I had of a dark creature with glowing red eyes trying to eat me. It was still dark out but I flicked on the bed side light in the infirmary. A baby emerald green coloured book laid next to me. I knew that book...it was my baby book.

I flipped through a couple of pages skimming over a couple of sentences.

"Watched Transformers with mommy,"

"Read books with daddy before bedtime"

"First steps was chasing daddy as he did not pick her up when he walked past"

Some of the small sentences were cute and funny. As I got to the photo album I paused. The blonde hair woman and man posed for family photos with me. Aubbrie and Kaleb...I flipped through a couple more seeing the expressions as they hugged a younger me and kissed me.

"Mom and dad..." I whispered running my hand over the black and white photo. It all came back. This urge in me wanted my mom and dad. Like a young girl I clutched the book to my chest and walked up stairs.

I felt light headed as I walked because I was sitting for so long. It felt good to stretch the leg muscles. As I neared their door I hugged the book tighter. I opened the door slightly and there they were sleeping.

I felt like a helpless six year old coming in after a bad nightmare. I walked to my mom's side and bent down.

"Mom?" I whispered in the dark of the room. The moon lit night came through the windows. She rolled over blinking as she opened her eyes.

"Avril? What are you doing?" She whispered.

"I had a bad dream." I whispered back. She smiled moving over in the large bed. As she moved the bed didn't shift at all not waking dad. I crawled in next to her as she held me tightly. I smiled feeling better that I was with my mom.

-----------------

The next morning I was put through more tests slowly my memory came back of everyone here and I was pretty much healed. Except for my glowing red eye and the side of my neck.

"I figured out why this bad boy isn't healing." Andre-the doctor- said.

"Lay down, Avril. On your side." He said. I nodded and laid on my side putting my hands under my head and curling my legs up. He undid the bandage on the side of my neck and shut off the light putting the overhead light on the mark.

"When he bit you, he bit too harshly. Some teeth were chipped off so it did not heal over because the demon genetics were stuck inside." He explained. I felt a little sharp pin prick in my neck.

I felt a pulling like someone was ripping out my throat and I growled wincing shutting my eyes.

"It will get worst to be honest." he said making a dry laugh to lighten the mood. He placed little teeth bits onto the tray next to my head. Once he was finished I felt the wound pull together and finally shut close. For some reason I was only part vampire yet my healing for cuts and stuff was phenomenal. It was as fast as a full blood vampire.

"There. Now you can take a shower because you probably feel gross. If anything happens come see me. And I suggest keep a bandage over your eye for awhile just to test the sensitivity and then put on an eye patch...if you want to. Has the blurriness cleared up?"

"Yep." I said rubbing my neck feeling dried blood.

"Well if anything, your sight should have enhanced. You may have even picked up what they call "Hunter's sight"."