Chapter 7

Chapter 7-

Avril's POV:

Alexei was supposed to call me...Something is wrong...I feel it. My heart is slamming against my chest. I stared at my phone the next morning as I was dresed for school. He said he would call me last night but he never did. Something happened.

My stomach flipped around and bile threatened to come out as I pictured what could of happened if he was caught spying.

I walked downstairs slowly walking past the infirmary where Josh lay sleeping. He's been in a coma from the strong medicine the doctor gave him for the pain. His whole upper body was shattered. I had bandages over my left face to have some extra support as it healed. I walked outside getting in the car with Tyler. I sat in silence just starring out the window.I needed to talk to Alexei. My body yearned for it.

It yearned for him to pick me up bridal style again so I can snuggle my head in his shirt and take in his wonderful scent.

I was driving myself mad with the need for him. But I was too much of a coward to say anything.

When we got to school I got out of the car and scanned the parking lot for Alexei. I spotted him leaning against his car. His group of friends loomed aorund him talking and laughing but he stod motionless just staring at the ground. There were no marks of him being hurt so I guess he was physically okay.

I walked forward slowly. His eyes came into contact with mine. He probably sensed me coming. His stare went cold and hard. If looks could kill..

He never stared at me like that. He murmured something to his friends as I realized I had stopped walking.

He walked towards me. His posture was tense and he looked angry at me for once. He could never be mad with me.

"Ale-"

"Don't talk. Not here." He growled. He put his hand on my mid back and urged me to the back of the school. He looked around to make sure no one was in hearing sight.

"Why didn't you call me last night?"I asked.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a Danvers?" He snarled. His fangs were barred and his eyes were fire. His chest heaved up and down. He was very angry.

"What do you mean?"

"Danvers!? Descendants of high alpha's. You never told me your last name."

"You never told me yours so I never bothered. Why?" I asked confused. We met when we were kids. Kids don't care about last names and as we got older we never really bothered. He slammed his hands beside my head against the wall. I slightly gasped as my stomach leapt and I crowded back against the wall suddenly frightened. His face was so close to mine I could see everything. Every little detail. His cold breath hit my face, I stopped myself from reaching out and grabbing his face. Just touching it. My body tingled and craved for it. I yelled at myself inside to take him...but I just couldn't. He was so angry.

"In my world of vampires. I was supposed to have you dead that first day we met." He breathed. My breath hitched in my throat as I pressed my palms against the stone cold brick.

"Kill me? B-But.." I stuttered he pressed a finger to my lips to make me be quiet. My mouth tingled at his touch.

"I am breaking every law in my world right now. I could be killed for what I am doing."

"So then why don't you just kill me already!? If it is causing you so much stress."

"It is not causing me stress." He growled low as he stared deep into my eyes. My throat became dry and a lump formed as I cranned my neck upwards to look at him.

"Clearly it is if you're this pissed off."

"I am not pissed off I am confused."

"Confused about what?"

"Everything! Everything Avril. My life...what I am going to do.I shouldn't be a vampire. I should be human. Not royalty. Not next in line for king. Not being pressured to find a wife and have a child at nineteen. Avril I have no idea what I am doing."

"I don't either."

"Avril, you have no pressure right now; your dad is Alpha, You have time to find a husband. I actually don't; I actually should be married right now and you should be dead...by my hand!" He exclaimed. I saw the confusion and fear in his eyes.

"Well if you kill me I may relieve your life a bit."

"I can't...kill you." He growled looking the opposite direction as he starred down at me.

"Once again why not?"

"Because...I...I...I may like you Avril." I froze. Did he just say he...may like me?

"What?" I whispered.

"Yes. I said it. Me, Alexei a full blood vampire may like you, Avril a full blood werewolf. My family hates your family but I like you somehow..." He growled anrgily spitting at the ground.

"Alexei..." I whispered. He kept looking away his eyes filled with anger.

"Alexei look at me." I whispered.I answered my inner voice and grabbed his face with my two hands. I stared deep into his eyes.

"The first day I met you. You could never handle stress well. You need to calm down. We will get a way out of this." He touched my right hand with his and kissed my palm softly. He stared at me as his face was inches from mine. He moved his hand from the wall and wrapped it around my waist lifting me up a little so I was closer to his height. I stood on the tips of my toes. As his face was inches from mine he pressed his lips to mine softly. Being the gentlemen I knew that was in him. He never rushed people into things.

Oh how I awaited this day.

As I wrapped my arm around his neck it ended. He stopped his amber eyes full of sadness.

"I...can't." He whispered sadly. He dropped his arms and walked away fast retreating into the school. I sighed dropping to the ground wrapping my arms around my knees. I rested my head in my hands.

"What have I done?" I whispered.