cakes and first impressions

Step 1: Spot your Guy

When you first see the boy, make sure you

- are singing at the top of your lungs
- have hair covered in cookie dough
- have chocolate in your teeth

"COME ON, COME ON AND DANCE WITH ME BABY, YEAH!" I sang at the top of my lungs, my spatula in hand. Mixing the batter was easy, making sure it was the right taste wasn't.

Tasting a small part of the chocolate flavoured batter I'd made, I grinned wide. It had turned out better than I'd expected.

I loved baking. It took my mind off the stress from college, and the aftermath of the result was just loads of sugary delights, which somehow disappeared in just a few minutes.

The One Direction song blasting in my ears died down, before a song by Demi Lovato came on.

"I should've known when I got you alone, that you were way to into me to know," I sang, swaying my hips to the beat. Taking the messy spatula in my hand, the batter still on it, I walked over to the living room, searching for Leah. She was the best person to confirm the taste of the batter.

When I saw that she wasn't in the living room, I walked around of the house, searching for Leah while singing loudly to the song.

"STOP TRYNA GET INSIDE MY HE-E-E-AD! DON'T WANT TO DO MORE THAN HOOK UP, ITS GETTING STUPID CAUSE I-" I stopped singing and froze right in front of our front door, my eyes fixed on the cute stranger standing before me. He looked like a pizza delivery guy - I vaguely remembered Leah telling me she ordered pizza - and all of a sudden, it dawned on me that I was wearing a cake-splattered apron, probably with dough all over my hair and face, singing at the top of my lungs in front of a totally gorgeous stranger.

Crap.

Placing the messy spatula in the pocket of my apron, batter dipped side up of course, I removed the headphones gingerly from my head. Tucking a few stands of my messy hair behind my ears, I swayed lightly on my feet.

"Hey there," he told me, giving me a small smirk and looking me over. "Nice outfit."

The tips of my ears turned pink as I gave him a shrug, trying to act like I wasn't embarrassed.

"I-"

"Hey!" Leah said, coming from somewhere behind me. Ah. She must've gone to get the money.

"Hey," I replied weakly.

She gave me an amused glance, before looking at pizza boy.

"Here's your money," she told him, handing him some bills. Guess I was right.

"Thank you," he said. "I guess I'll be going now," he added, this time looking at me. "Bye cake girl."

Cake girl?

I lifted my hands in a dazed wave, and with a chuckle, he walked away. Man, did he look sexy right now. Leah closed the door behind him, before turning to me.

"You do know that you have chocolate in your teeth, right?"

Immediately, I swiped my tongue over my front teeth, only to taste some of the delicious chocolate I'd been eating earlier.

Well, shit.