detectives and first likes

Step 4: Become a Stalker

Doing a background check is always important. Make sure you

- locate all possible social media accounts related to the guy
- fangirl over every cute picture and investigate potential exes
- accidentally hit like on a picture from years ago

I walked into the house to see an excited Leah was waiting for me, ready to hear anything and everything about Luke.

I sighed and smiled and she squealed.

"Oh my God it was amazing wasn't it!!" She screamed excitedly.

"Shhh," I shushed her, afraid Luke would hear it. When I heard him revving his car engine and driving away, I motioned for Leah to continue.

"So? Tell me! How was it?" She asked, grinning.

"It was a disaster," I said, with a giddy smile.

"Um, what? I thought you liked him?" She replied, confused. "Why are you happy it went bad?"

"Because we're going to go out on another date." I said, a smile on my face.

Leah looked at me with a muddled expression, before shrugging.

"Well, that's not weird," she said, rolling her eyes. "Anyway, have you checked him out? Like is he solid?"

"Oh, have I?" I said, whistling.

"Not that way, perv," she said, chuckling. "Checked that he's not a weirdo. You know, social media."

I pursed my lips. "Isn't that, like stalking?"

"No! It's just... collecting information. Sherlock. Besides, you can trust me to be discreet," she added, waggling her eyebrows. Picking up my phone, she flashed me a cheshire cat smile.

It's not like I wasn't curious. Plus, it's not like it was going to hurt, right?

"Fine, but just like Facebook." I said, sliding up to her.

"And maaybe Instagram," Leah said, and I shot her a glare. "Let's see." She added, smirking.

Narrowing my eyes at her, I took my phone from her hands, looking at the facebook page of Luke Ashwood she had pulled up.

It looked normal enough, a few pictures of himself, him with his friends a handful with his parents. That was cute.

"He's close with his parents. That's nice." Leah commented and I nodded.

Scrolling further down as I descended into the creep-zone, we laughed at his childhood photos, the embarrassing kind that we think is cool at 15 but then realise it really isn't.

"This isn't juicy." Leah commented, snatching my phone from my hands and moving onto another app.

Instagram was more of the same, but we did find one video of him singing on a guitar. It was that 5SOS song - 'She Looks So Perfect.'

"Well damn, the dude can sing," Leah said, and I agreed. He had a good voice.

"So he doesn't post much, which is good I guess," I said, shrugging. I wasn't a huge fan of social media and it was nice to know Luke wasn't either. "I think I'm done." I added.

"Shh wait! Who's this?" Leah said, her eyebrows scrunching. "She's in a lot of pictures."

She??

"Show me," I said, looking at the pictures of a beautiful brunette.

"Carli Banks. That's a fancy name." Leah commented.

"Mm-hmm," I said absentmindedly. I know this was extra, but I tried to see if she was in a lot of pictures. And she was, but it didn't look like the romantic kind. Plus the captions were mostly vague and platonic, so I took that as a good sign. "I think she's just a friend."

"Yeah maybe. Or he's a pretty private person." Leah replied.

Maybe he was. Should I be jealous? Hm.

I was still looking at his pictures from 2017 when I, completely accidentally, double tapped a picture.

Of him and Carly.

"SHIT!!" I said as I dropped my phone on my bed like it burnt me.

Kill me now.

"What happened??" Leah asked, picking up my phone. "Oh no, you didn't."

"Shit shit unlike it immediately!" I said, snatching my phone from her hands. My fingers tapped the photo like crazy, before I realised double tapping the picture doesn't unlike it. Cursing myself, I quickly tapped on the heart to unlike the picture and exited from the app. I even locked my phone for good measure before letting out a sigh.

"Will he get to know that happened?" I asked Leah, biting my lip.

"Don't know girl," she said, shrugging. "It's cool, stalking on social media is like the norm now. He's ready for what's happening, don't worry."

Just as I was about to reply, my phone buzzed with a message.

From Luke.

"I saw that."