The Race

The next morning I was awoken by Anakin screaming in my face telling me to get up.

"Come on Ais, it's time to get up the race is today!" He cheered as he jumped on me. I groaned and threw my pillow at him making him fall off the bed. When I didn't hear him make a sound I got worried. I sat up and looked at the spot where my brother had fallen. I suddenly felt a pillow smash into my face knocking me over. I grabbed another pillow and smacked him with it. We went back and forth hitting each other and laughing for twenty minutes.

"Come on you two, you need to get ready." My mother ordered walking into the room. We stopped and began to get dressed. We all arrived at the race to see all the other contestants making the final checks on their vehicles. Watto approached us and told us to warn our friend about his deals. Friend meaning Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon walked towards us.

"What was that about?" Anakin asked Qui-Gon in confusion.

"I'll tell you later." Was Qui-Gon's short reply. We all walked towards Anakin's pod, Padmè stood in front of us.

"I'm sure you'll do it this time." I encouraged Ani, clearly talking about his history of pod racing.

"Do what?" Padmè asked confused.

"Finish the race." I answered with a shrug.

"You've never won a race?" Padmè asked with shock.

"Not exactly." Was Anakins short answer. When he heard the tone of her voice he grew uncomfortable.

"Not even finished?" She asked in disbelief.

"He will this time." I added wrapping my arm around my twin brother. At that moment I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw another one on Anakin's.

"Of course you will." Encouraged Qui-Gon from behind us. Padmè had a face of pure fear, fear that she would never get home.

We all headed out to the race course to help Anakin get everything ready for the big race. There had to be at least a couple thousand people in the audience, it was amazing. All the pods were ginormous and amazing. Ours wasn't even half the size of everyone else's. The announcers began announcing every racer, starting with Selbolba. Anakin was the last to get announced. I stood next to Anakin as our mother approached him and began lecturing him about being safe. Me and my mother walked away. I turned around and saw Selbolba talking to Anakin, probably ranting about how he will win like he always does. I sat between Qui-Gon and Padmè anxiously waiting for the race to begin. Qui-Gon noticed how nervous I looked and knelt down to my eye level.

"Don't worry your brother has the force on his side." He explained.

"You Jedi are far too reckless. The queen-" Padmè was cut off by Qui-Gon.

"The queen trust my judgment. You should too, young handmaiden." Qui-Gon interrupted. I could understand why she would be so harsh. She is trusting my brother with her life basically.

"You assume too much." Padmè mumbled walking away and crossing her arms.

All the racers started they're engines. The clock began to count down from three. After it had gotten to one all the racer were off, all except Anakin and one other racer. They were having problems with they're pods. Finally Anakin got his pod to move, but the other racer wasn't as lucky. Everyone was ahead of Anakin, Selbolba had already wrecked another persons pod. I felt bad, but at least it wasn't Anakin. Anakin was finally catching up to the other racers. He might actually win this. I could feel his determination.