The Funeral

"Why are you crying Obi-Wan?" I asked.

"And where is Qui-Gon?" Anakin added.

Obi-Wan took a deep breathe and knelt down to our eye level he looked sad and in grief.

"Qui-Gon gave his life protecting this planet."

Anakin glanced at me with sadness in his eyes, I than crushed Obi-Wan in a tight hug and placed my head on his shoulder.  Anakin followed my lead and hugged Obi-Wan as well. He wrapped his arms around the both of us. I lifted my head off of Obi-Wan's shoulder and made eye contact with him. His eyes held little to no emotion in them except grief. But there was something about him that just intrigued me. The three of us pulled away from each other.

"What will happen to us now?" Anakin asked tilting his head to the side.

"I don't know."

After our discussion on what will happen to us, we all headed to meet up with Padmè or Queen Amidala. She stood in front of the Viceroy explaining there punishments.

"You will have to go back to the senate and explain all of this." She ordered the two leaders of the trade federation. The captain forced them to move towards the ship that would carry them to Coruscant. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and I began walking until we were met by the Senator Palpatine. We bowed before him as he did the same.

"We are indebted to you for your bravery Obi-Wan Kenobi. And you too young Skywalkers." The senator stated before walking away. With Jedi council following behind him. We walked beside the council, and overheard the senator telling Queen Amidala about how they will bring peace to Naboo. We followed the Jedi council into the Capital building of Naboo. Anakin and I waited while Obi-Wan was meeting with Master Yoda.

"Do you really think he will allow us to train?" Anakin asked turning to me.

"Of course, we passed the test they gave us." I answered with confidence . Even though it was fake positivity, I had fear that we were going to be sent back to the slave life. But I wouldn't show it. Obi-Wan exited the room him and Yoda were in and gestured for us to follow him. We walked until we reached the area we're Qui-Gons funeral would be held. Hundreds of people attended but only fifty were allowed to enter the temple where his body was being cremated. I stood next to Obi-Wan with Anakin on the other side of him. He wore a cloak shielding most of his face.  Everyone remained silent. Obi-Wan turned towards us.

"What will happen to us now?" Anakin repeated.

"I will train you Anakin, and a good friend of Mine with train you Aisley. You will be a Jedi. I promise." Obi-Wan answered with a slight nod. We all turned back to the fire and watched as the flames danced across Qui-Gons body.

After the funeral there was a celebration in honor of Qui-Gon and us for defeating the Trade Federation. Confetti was thrown everywhere, music was blasting, and everyone was laughing. Fighter ships flew across the sky leaving trails of smoke. Anakin stood besides the Queen while I stood beside Obi-Wan. We were dressed in our new padawan clothing, and already received our padawan braids. After the celebration Obi-Wan was going introduce me to Aayla, she had flown all the way to Naboo to come and get me.

The gungan leader approached us to receive his Medal for assisting Naboo with the attack of the Trade Federation. He waved to the people and smiled at all. He approached us with Jar Jar and one of his warriors following behind him. Senator Palpatine held a glowing purple ball with what looked like a star inside of it. He handed the ball to Padmè who handed the ball to the gungan. He proudly took the orb and held it up in the air, everyone began cheering. Padmè turned towards us and smiled, while Obi-Wan nudged my arm and smiled down at me, I smiled up at him. Feeling butterflies in my stomach.

After the celebration Obi- Wan led me and Anakin to a building where the Jedi Council were waiting for us. A blue female Twi'lek stepped forwards. I knew right away what species she was, because we had Tei'leks back on Tatooine. This Tei'lek looked nice and friendly, instead of being an ugly pale color she was a bright blue color. She had hazel eyes and instead of hair she had lekku, two long tails going down her back. They were the same color as her skin. She wore a brown shirt that cut off right above her stomach she also wore a brown headband that matched her shirt along with matching brown pants. She smiled at me and stepped towards me. She was beautiful.

"Aisley, I would like to introduce you to Aayla Secura. Your new master." Obi-Wan announced. She knelt down to my eye level.

"Hi little one, it is an honor to meet you." She announced she had a strong accent, but still managed to sound feminine.

"Hi, you're really pretty." I stated blushing. She laughed and stood up. Obi-Wan walked back towards us along with Anakin.

"Have you explained to them what must happen?" Windu asked tilting his head seeing mine and Anakin's happy expressions.

"Not yet, I was about to do so."  Obi-Wan answered he knelt down to us and frowned. The smile on my face dropped knowing we were about to receive bad news. Anakin, still not understanding what was going on kept smiling.

"In order for you to become Jedi, you two must be separated." Obi-Wan announced with regret. Anakin stopped smiling and frowned.

"Why?" I asked on the verge of tears. I had already lost my mother I wasn't ready to lose my brother.

"The Jedi code forbids it, you will see each other someday. Just not for a while." Aayla explained saddened by the situation.

"How long?" Anakin asked trying not to cry.

"We're not sure, but we promise you will see each other one day." Obi-Wan reassured. We all walked out of the building we were in. Everyone from the celebration had left. Not a single person was insight. The Jedi council had already boarded their ship, Obi-Wan and Anakin would go with them. While Aayla and me would take our own ship to a different planet. The two Jedi allowed us to say goodbye to one another.

"I love you little Ais." Anakin cried staring at me like it was the last time he was ever going to see me. For all we knew it could be.

"I love you too big brother." I cried allowing him to think he was older.

"We will see each other one day, and I can't wait for that day, but you stay safe until than, you promise?" Anakin ordered sternly.

"I promise." I swore with an smile.

"I'm sorry to break this up, but it's time to go." Aayla stated sadly. Anakin and I both looked at each other with tears falling down our face, than without thinking we both enveloped each other in a tight hug. We sat like that for a minute than separated.

"Goodbye." I reluctantly stated. I picked up my bag as did Anakin and began walking in the opposite direction. He began walking the other way with Obi-Wan. When he was barely insight I turned around the same time as him and stared at each other for a second. Until Aayla gentle pulled me away. We kept walking until we reached her ship. Every second I was getting farther and farther away from my brother, my heart cracked.