Epilouge

Seven months later

Silence. That's all I heard for the past seven months. Sometimes I could hear the quiet sounds of an animal or insect, or the sound of the wind whistling. But other than that nothing.

The rock I sat on was levitating off the ground, along with every smaller pebble around me. Over the period time I have spent here in Jedha I have connected more with the force. More than I ever had. It was easier for me to  balance it, not necessarily control it. No one could control the force, some only thought they could. If anything the force controls us.

Everyday I would spend five hours meditating, after meditation I would practice my fighting. Since I no longer had my lightsaber I was forced to use an old training stick that I found in the temple. The temple had old training obstacles that were clearly thousands of years old. I had managed to modify them, after fighting I would spend an hour or two working on my tumbling.

If I had any free time after that I would usually explore or day dream about all the people I left back home. I missed everyone so much, I even missed JarJar.

My meditation had just come to an end. The rocks slowly began to float back to the ground. I stood up and made my way over to 'the wall.'

The wall was where I kept a tally of how many days I've been here. Exactly seven months tomorrow. I sighed as I carved a straight line into the wall next to the other hundred marks. I wonder if they forgot about me?

I stood up from the wall and began to head towards the training room. The training room was a creepy old section of the temple. When I arrived everything was covered in Cobwebs. I cleaned it and fixed what I could. I grabbed a practice stick and stood in front of a dummy. I would always hit the dummy for hours, but it wasn't the same as a real fight because dummies can't hit back.

Half way through the training my stomach started to churn. I couldn't remember the last time I ate. I dropped my stick an began to walk towards my 'kitchen'. The kitchen was just a few cabinets with some necessities. The only food I really had was crackers and dried meat. I grabbed a few crackers and some water from my supply, which was running low.

I decided I would go outside and lay in the sun while I ate. Living in the desert has caused me to get extremely tan, I don't know if I've ever been as tan as I am now. I know I couldn't see my whole body, but I knew well enough from my arms that I was dark. I ate my food in silence like I always do.

Shortly after I finished eating I went back to fighting with the dummy. After a few hours of fighting I began to practice my flips. I needed to make sure I still remained agile incase any danger approached me.

I soon grew tired and looked out the temple doors to see that the moons were out and the sun had set. I sighed knowing another full day had went by and still no one came for me. I had tried many times to search for a sign of life, but I would never venture to far tho. I knew I would most likely die out there without shelter or food. I was in the desert after all. I even tried to construct my own speeder, that ended badly. I'm not going to lie, Jedha wasn't all bad. It was quiet and helped me clear my mind. I wouldn't mind to be buried here when I die. It was peaceful and calm, the sand reminded me of Tatooine.

Unlike Anakin I don't fear my past. I am not scarred of the sand as he is. I may not be completely fond of my former life as a slave, but I didn't fear it. I embraced it as part of me, I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for all those years as a slave. Anakin doesn't quite see that yet. Thinking about Anakin hurt, but thinking about 'Him' hurt worse. I wonder if he moved on?

I walked towards my 'room' in the back of the temple. My room wasn't exactly a room, I had made a bed out of old robes that were scattered around the temple. It was extremely uncomfortable, but I had grown to deal with it.

After almost everyday I would end my day with me silently crying. I knew I was alone, and that no one would judge me. I slowly crawled ontop of the pile of robes and laid my head down on my arm. To give me some comfort. I tried to allow sleep to come, but something was preventing me. I couldn't fall asleep, I stayed up for what must have been hours attempting to slumber. But still nothing changed. Eventually my eyes grew heavy and than all I saw was blackness.

I awaken to sound of a ship preparing to land outside of the temple. Without thinking I jumped up off the ground and began to run. I sprinted as fast I could, was I finally able to return to the order? Were my prayers finally answered?

I exited the giant double doors into the dark desert. I could hear the sound of an engine preparing to land. I looked up to see lights shinning down on me from a ship. The ship looked like it was one that would abduct me. The ship landed right in front of me, I took a few steps back. My brain finally kicked in, this could be a trap. I stood defensively prepared for anything that would appear through the doors to the ship. The ship was clearly a Republic Cruiser, it was big. It had maroon and white colored designs all across it.  The doors began to slowly open. I stood anxiously waiting to see who my visitor was.

"Wow your still alive. Cody owes me money."

The familiar voice spoke with amusement. Glad to know he thinks my suffering is funny. I had to admit, I did miss him.

"Nice to see you two, Ani." I playfully glared. My voice sounded rough, due to the fact I hardly talked anymore. I never had anyone to talk to, so I just kept silent.

"Come on sis, you probably wanna get off this planet." He laughed and turned around he began to walk back into the ship. I laughed following after him. I turned around when I stood in the doorway. I looked out at the Temple, it may sound crazy but I'm going to miss this place. I hope I get to come back someday. With that thought, I turned around and walked on the ship with the door closing slowly behind me. I wonder what adventures await me now?

End of The SkyWalker Twins