Bounty Hunter

We sat on the floor for what felt like hours, but had only been minutes. Anakin and I pulled apart and stared at each other. He looked so different and yet also exactly the same. His hair had slightly darkened, but he's golden blue eyes shined bright just like they did on Tatooine.

"I'm sorry to break up the family reunion, but we have to discuss the matters at hand. The senator is still in danger." Interrupted Gregar. We all nodded and sat down. Anakin and Obi-Wan on one couch, Padmè and Gregar on another. While Aayla and I sat on our own. At some point during Anakin's and I's hugging she had entered and sat quietly waiting for the meeting to begin.

"I don't need security, I need answers." Padmè stated looking as formal as possible.

"We are here to protect, not to start an investigation." Obi-Wan explained.

"We will figure out who is trying to kill you. I promise." My brother promised going against Obi-Wans words. I turned my head and gave him a look signally for him to shut up. He didn't get it though. Obi-Wan turned to him as well.

"We will not go against our orders my young padawan learner." Obi-Wan expressed

"I mean protecting her of course."Anakin replied sharply wanting to cause a fight.

"We will not go through this exercise again Anakin, and you will pay attention to my lead." Obi-Wan scolded.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why else do you think we were assigned to her? We have to find the killer. Protection is a job for local guards not jedi. It's overkill master, investigation is implied in our mandate." Anakin argued back. I let out a whistle at Anakin's comeback. I was enjoying this disput, but I guess Aayla wasn't by the deadly glare she sent my way. Anakin looked over at me and smirked knowing who's side I was on.

"We will do exactly as the council instructed. And you will learn your place young one." Obi-Wan explained sounding less annoyed.

"I feel your presence will help reveal the mystery. Now if you'll excuse me, I will retire." Padmè spoke standing up and bowing to us all. We all did as she did. Padmè walked away leaving Gregar, Obi-Wan, Jar Jar, Aayla, and I. Aayla and Obi-Wan walked away with Gregar. While Jar Jar, Ani, and I stayed behind a little bit.

"Mesa so glad to see you two." Jar Jar spoke with joy. I nodded my head and laughed while Ani looked down sad.

"She barely even recognizes me. I've thought about her everyday since we've parted." Anakin spoke sadly. I was hurt by his words, had he not thought about me? Did it pain him the same way it pained me when I thought of him? Did every time he saw sand or something that reminded him of our lives on Tatooine pained him like it pained me? He looked down and noticed my hurt expression.

"I only thought of her when I wasn't thinking of you." He corrected himself and put his arm around my shoulder and continued walking. We decided we would go to my room until tonight to fill each other in on our Jedi training.

"I have lost it about four times." Anakin stated proudly. Even though he shouldn't feel proud.

"Please that's nothing, I've lost my lightsaber eight times." I laughed as I shoved a piece of food into my mouth.

"Liar!" He exclaimed throwing a pillow at me. It hit me and I stumbled off the bed. When I landed on my butt I stared up at Anakin and he stared down, no words were said for a few seconds. Until we both began howling with laughter.

"I'm sorry to break up the reunion but we must attend to the senator now." Obi-Wan stated entering. Anakin and I stood up from the floor and my bed and followed Obi-Wan out of the room. I couldn't help but think about how handsome he was. I had always remembered my feelings for him that were founded as a little girl on a Republic cruiser. I had a little school girl crush on him, I was ninety-nine percent sure he was aware. I watched as he walked confidently and selflessly down the hall, the way a Jedi should. But there was something else in him, he was different than all the other Jedi. Obi-Wan Smiled a lot more than any other Jedi I had seen, but he never did it around most people. It's almost like he hides, to keep up this shield that will protect him from looking anything but ordinary. But he's never been good at hiding it.