14

I laid in the bath, Justin Bieber's 'company' playing loudly next to me as I screamed the words.
I felt good for the first time in days, the warm water and the amazing bath bomb soothing me completely.
I was scrolling through Instagram when a iMessage notification showed up on the top of the screen.
wes: meet me at the rooftop at 8? wear a bathing suit.
I didn't answer. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, what if he brought his friend?
After minutes of thinking, I got out of the bath, dried off, and put on my bathing suit.
I left my hair wavy and threw a sweatshirt over my bikini top.
Why was I doing this? Who knows. All I knew was that I was desperate just to hear this voice in my ear again, even if it meant I'd hurt myself all over again to do so.
I made my way up the building, getting more and more progressively nervous each floor.
I reached the door to the roof and placed my hand on the handle, should I go back?
I pulled the door open and there he was, sat underneath the stars waiting for me.
"Hey beautiful." He said, not taking his eyes off of the night sky.
I placed my stuff down next to the now closed door and made my way over to him, I sat next to him and put my feet in the heated pool.
"Why exactly did you ask me to meet you here?" I asked, confused.
"I wanted to spend some time with you. Without everyone else." This time he looked down at me and I was a little embarrassed I didn't bother to put some makeup on. I put my head down and stared at the water.
"Look at me." He said, placing his finger under my chin and looking me in the eyes. I was trying so hard not to blush.
"There's something up. I know there is." His eyes narrowed at me and I pulled his hand away from my face.
"Please tell me." He placed his hand on my thigh and my heart jumped.
"Wes. I."
"Yeah?"
"I have feelings for you. I honestly do. To hear that someone you possibly still have feelings for is here with you hurts and I honestly thought you liked me too but clearly you don't-"
Wes cut me off, "Lane you're rambling," he giggled at my nervousness.
"I don't really know what to say." Tears filled my eyes again and I fought hard to hold them back.
"I have feelings for you too." He squeezed my thigh gently and I smiled.
"Listen, kayliah is an old friend and yeah, I liked her at a point but that's in the past, okay?"
"Yeah." I pushed a piece of hair behind my ear.
"Now, how about that swim?"