Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning, still a little sad about having to talk about Shisui.

I knew I had to eventually stop feeling sad every time. He wouldn't even want me to continue being sad, he would want me to be happy. Also knowing him, he would probably feel guilty since I'm still sad over it.

I rose up from my bed and sighed.

I needed to take my mind off of this. I had to push these thoughts away before I get sucked into being sad all day.

I went to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. I thought about ways I could take my mind off of him.

I had the option of bothering my dad or seeing my nephew, Konohamaru. As tempting as it was to bother Dad, I decided to visit Konohamaru because I actually haven't seen him in a while. Last I saw him, he was entering the academy.

Once I was ready, I left my house and started walking to Konohamaru's house.

He lived with my sister in law. My older brother passed away on a mission while he was in the ANBU. Unfortunately, we've never had a good relationship. I met her when I was young and I didn't like the way she tried to act with me.

Of course, I'll always be polite to her. She was my brother's wife and my nephew's mother.

I knocked on the door and heard some dogs barking. Then the door opened and I saw her.

"Kasumi," She greeted. "What's going on?"

"I just wanted to spend time with Konohamaru today. Is it okay if I take him out for brunch?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, you can come in to wait on him,"

She invited me inside and I awkwardly sat down on her couch.

I could tell she was also being polite towards me. Probably for the same reasons I had.

She walked down the hall and called Konohamaru's name. He walked out and he smiled once he saw me.

"Aunt Kasumi!"

He immediately gave me a hug and looked excited. "Are we hanging out today?"

I nodded. "Yes, go get ready,"

He went back to his room to get ready and Haruka, his mother, made awkward small talk with me.

"So how have you been?"

"Good, I've just been going on missions and all that," I replied.

She nodded. "Same for me,"

It got quiet and I picked at my nails since that was my nervous habit. I wish Haruka and I had a better relationship, but she made me dislike her when our "incident" happened back when I was sixteen.

Long story short, she's a snitch and made me look crazy.

Konohamaru came back out and she spoke again.

"Just be home by five, okay? Remember, you have to go to the academy tomorrow morning."

"I will Mom," He replied and I waved at her.

We left his house and I let out a mental sigh of relief.

"So what are we doing today?" Konohamaru asked.

"I figured we could go get breakfast and catch up," I suggested. "Do you want to eat anywhere specific?"

"Ichiraku!" He said instantly.

"I guess that works, even though that's not breakfast," I chuckled.

I was surprised he even wanted to get ramen in the first place. He normally would want to go get dango or chocolate-covered bananas at the dessert shop.