Chapter 28

Itachi was carrying Gin over his shoulder as we walked back to the Leaf Village.

I was still baffled by him poking my forehead. What was all that about? He even smiled at me!

Of course, the moment was ruined because Gin snapped out of the genjutsu and he started squirming around, causing Itachi to drop him.

He broke free from the wires I used to trap him and he glared at Itachi, then looked at me.

"I'm not going to let you take me that easily. The next time you see me, Kasumi, you're going to come with me and I'll make sure of that and I'll kill your little boyfriend too."

Gin left and I tried to run after him, but Itachi held his arm out in front of me.

"There's no use trying to pursue him. He'll keep running, let's just go back to your place," Itachi said and blood started to trickle down from his eyes.

"I told you not to use your eyes, Itachi. Now you're going to have to keep recovering," I sighed. 

"If I didn't use them, he would've hurt you," Itachi shrugged.

"Okay, we're close to the gate, so you better change back into 'Stormy' now," I smirked. 

I liked seeing him as a cat and I wouldn't ever tell him that. 

He used the transformation and turned back into a black cat with green eyes. I picked him up and walked through the gates that led into the Leaf Village. Izumo and Kotetsu greeted me and I walked to my apartment so I could drop him off.

I unlocked my apartment and walked in, putting Itachi down. 

He turned back into his regular self and looked relieved that he didn't have to be a cat anymore. 

"I'll be right back, you know what to do if someone knocks on the door," I said and left the apartment, locking it behind me.

I walked to the Hokage's Tower and I knocked on Dad's door once I got there.

"Come in!" he said.

I walked in and he looked at me expectantly.

"Did you find anything?" He asks.

"I did," I said. "And you won't believe who it was,"

He rose an eyebrow, "Who?"

"Gin Takahashi," I said.

His name was like poison in my mouth.

Dad's eyes widened.

"I thought so..." He trailed off and then looked at me again. "Explain what happened,"

"Well, he wasn't in the village so I investigated outside of the village. He wasn't too close, but he was still in the area. So he revealed himself to me after I figured out he was stalking me and we had a slight confrontation," I explain.

"And where is he now?" Dad asks.

"He got away. I had him tied up and he broke free and declared that the next time he sees me, I'll be coming with him," I finished.

Dad looked troubled. 

"I see," He said. "So he's come back again..."

"So, now what?" I ask.

"There's nothing we can do as of right now, but I'll let the others know that he's back. You need to be careful now that he's trying to hurt you again. For now, you can go home and I'll call you back here once I've figured out what to do." Dad said.