Chapter 13

I slept horribly last night.

My head was aching and I felt tired still. I just wanted to go back to sleep.

I rubbed my temples and slowly sat up, staring off into space. I thought about asking Itachi about if there is any other spare clothes to use while I'm here. It was kind of gross being stuck in these same clothes for too long without washing them.

I opened the door very slowly and peeked through the crack to see if I could find Itachi. I didn't know what room he was staying in, so I really needed to be careful about the others finding me. I don't want to imagine how that would turn out.

I saw the coast was clear and walked out quietly. I knew where Kisame and Hidan's rooms were so I avoided the other doors.

Fortunately, when I turned around, I saw Itachi walking out of a room at the very end of the hall. He looked at me questionably.

"Why are you out?" He asked and rushed me back inside his room.

Rude.

"Someone could've easily spotted you," He said once the door was shut.

"I was just trying to find you," I replied. "I just wanted to ask you if there was any spare clothes to change into,"

"We have a female member here," He said. "She rarely stays here, so I'll go check if she has any clothes in her room,"

I nodded and he left the room. 

Itachi suddenly walked back in as soon as I sat on the bed. I was a bit surprised at how fast he was.

"Did you find anything?"

He shook his head.

"No, she must have taken them with her. You can just borrow one of my shirts instead, I guess,"

The room suddenly felt warmer as soon as he said that.

The hell? I better not be blushing. That shouldn't bother me.

I nodded and he walked over to his dresser to find a shirt. He dug around, then handed me a faded black shirt with the Uchiha crest on the back. It looked small. 

"This is one of my old shirts. I don't wear it anymore since it's too small," He said, starting to reach under his bed.

I took the shirt, still feeling warmth. I actually recognized this shirt from the old days. I didn't think he'd still have it.

He pulled a set of kunais out from under his bed and started putting them in his cloak.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I have a mission today,"

"You're leaving?" I asked. "Can you at least take me with you? I don't feel comfortable being left alone here. Hidan or someone else might cause problems,"

The room started feeling even more warm after I asked that question. I realized how clingy I felt and I was embarrassed.

He nodded. "Yes, I was going to have you come with me anyway. I don't want another member potentially finding you here while I'm not here,"

I decided to keep his shirt here and just wear my regular clothes for the mission. Kisame poked his head through the door.

"Are you ready?" He asked Itachi.

Itachi nodded and had me walk out first so Kisame could stand in front of me. Itachi was behind me.

"I didn't know she was coming too," Kisame remarked quietly.