Chapter 9

We finally got to a spot that was secluded. It had a huge rock that was at least twenty feet tall.

Itachi weaved some signs without a word and the rock moved to the side. He then motioned for me to keep following him and Kisame was close behind me. 

I'm assuming it's because they're trying to cover me.

My heart started to race. 

I kept my mouth shut since I didn't want to bring any attention to me. They were hiding me for a reason. I knew that not everyone would brush my insults and sarcasm off like Itachi does, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Kisame doesn't even brush them off. He just tolerates it because of the situation right now. 

The rock moved back into place, making me jump. It was pitch black all of a sudden and there was just a torch to light the pathway up.

We walked into a spot with a long table and eleven chairs. It looked like this is where they had meetings and now, my question about how many more of them are there was answered. 

"Keep quiet here," Itachi whispered to me. "I don't know who's here right now and you aren't supposed to be here. They'll kill you if they know,"

Goddamnit. Why did he bring me to a place where I could get killed?

I was also surprised that he was risking keeping me here. Why was he even doing this? It's not like he had any benefits from protecting me, but I guess I shouldn't be complaining right now. 

I continued following him to the other side of the meeting hall and an unfamiliar voice suddenly stopped us.

"Yo Itachi,"

I panicked on the inside but kept my cool on the outside. 

"Did you get back just now?" The man said again.

I crouched slightly so Itachi was covering me even more.

"I did," Itachi replied.'

"I hope you know that I can see there's a woman behind you," The man said and Itachi was suddenly pushed to the side.

I looked up at the man, my heart racing.

He appeared to be around my age. He had silver hair that slicked back, no shirt on, sharp fuschia eyes, and a bit of blood on his face. 

He was looking at me with a slight smirk and I could suddenly feel myself getting hot. I couldn't help but notice that he was very good looking and was toned.

Bad brain for even thinking that in this situation.

"So, you snuck a Leaf ninja in here, huh?" He said. "Not that I blame you, she's hot,"

I knew my cheeks were reddening even further and I was glad it was dark in here. Stupid brain. 

Itachi didn't reply.

"Of course you know, this is a huge violation of our rules. You have no choice but to hand her over to me or I'll have to report this to our Leader," he continued. 

I looked over at Itachi and his eyes were narrowed slightly, sharingan activated. "What are you actually after, Hidan?"

'Hidan' suddenly looked a little scared and his smirk dropped. "I just wanted you to help me with a mission. Kakuzu has a stick up his ass again and won't let me kill a target of mine since he's worth a lot of money in the bingo book,"

Kisame grunted with annoyance. "And why did you have to threaten us?"

"I thought Itachi was going to be a douche like Kakuzu," He replied nonchalantly. "If you come help me, I'll keep my mouth shut about this. I need some entertainment anyway,"

Hidan looked at me when he said that.

My mind went to the gutter immediately

"She's not for your ritual," Kisame stated.

Ritual? My mind went to the gutter again, so I blushed.

"I'll help you," Itachi finally said. "But if you say one word about this, I will kill you,"

"Gotcha," Hidan nodded. "I won't say a word to Leader or the others,"

I mentally sighed with relief.

Hidan suddenly got very close to my face and took a strand of my hair, twirling it around his finger.  "I'd like to keep her though," 

Bad brain. Stop it.

"No," Itachi stated.

He looked over at Itachi with annoyance. "I was just kidding. Lighten the hell up."

Hidan walked away after that.

Itachi rushed me over to the other side of the room and as we walked further into the hallway, there was a room with a couch, chair, and some bookshelves. There was also a kitchen in here but it was separated with a counter. 

How did they manage to make a base into this?

Itachi continued to lead me down the hall and Kisame opened one of the doors. I assumed that these were all their rooms.

Itachi's room was at the end of the hall and he made me go in first. 

His room was pretty simple. It was a small bed with a grey blanket and two pillows. He had a few clothes folded neatly by the bed and there was another door that probably led to the bathroom.

"Am I staying in here?" I ask.

"Yes," Itachi replied. "I'll be staying in one of the other rooms. It used to belong to a former member, but he hasn't been here in years,"

I sat down on the bed and Itachi walked back to the door that led to the hall.

"Kasumi?" 

"What?"

"Try not to show weakness around Hidan. He likes getting under people's skins, especially when they are showing signs of weakness around him,"

"I won't,"

"Since this is my room, no one dares to enter it. You'll be safe here,"

"And what do I do if someone knocks?"

"Don't answer it unless it's me."

Itachi left after that and I let out a huge sigh. This is better than sleeping outside, but I still really wanted to go home already. I don't even know when I'll return, but when I do, I'll be glad to be away from all of this.