26.0

FACE OFF

Emerson sat on his favourite chair in his study, his mind going haywire with thoughts about his mate. He didn't know what to do of her, while one part of him wanted to keep her locked away forever, the other part wanted to let her be happy and give in to her wishes that conflicted with his.

He had been raised as a selfish man. With both his parent dying by the hands of a traitor, he knew the price of building an army of enemies against him. But his hands were bound by his animalistic feelings. His wolf was stronger than he was, emotional and holding on to the past had reduced him to nothing more than a shell of the man his father was, that was probably the problem.

He compared his life to someone who was dead and gone. His father had died because he loved his wife too much, and his mother was killed because she was too kind, too beautiful inside and out, just like Daria Kanos.

He drank from the glass of water that was kept om his table and as soon as he took the first sip someone knocked on the door. His nose caught the scent of Roman Wilde, the man he suddenly loathed with every fibre in his being. Had it not been for Daria, Roman would have been subjected with the same punishment that was given to her, but he got saved by her sweet, husky voice.

'Come in.' Emerson spat out angrily.

Roman pushed the door open and stood with his head low.

'Alpha.'

'What business do you come here for?' Emerson asked him.

'I want to meet Daria Kanos, Alpha.' Faster than the speed of lightning Emerson had rounded the table with his hand once again at Roman's neck.

'How dare you remove her name from your filthy mouth!'

'She's my friend Alpha.' Roman was fidgety.

'Yours? The person who threw her under the bus?' If Emerson wasn't as angry as he was, the range of expressions on Roman's face would have amused him.

'Alpha I just want to meet her once, I want to expl-'

'How about this, I'll ask her if she wants to meet you, if she says no, then you have your answer ad if by some miracle she says yes, then I'll take you to her.' Emerson offered, confident that she wouldn't want to see the face of the traitor.

'Thank you Alpha, thank you so-' Roman felt relieved.

'Leave.' He ordered, letting his Alpha command slip into his tone.

~•~

'Daria.' Emerson opened the door and called her, her head rose from the pillow. The curve of her back was exposed as the t-shirt she had put on has risen and the scars were visible. He flinched.

'What?'

'Roman wants to meet you.'

'Send him in.' She said.

'I didn't complete my sentence.' He frowned, wondering what was going on in her mind. It took he lesser than a second to take a decision and that for some reason scared him.