18.0

TOUCH

Daria could smell his intoxicating scent long before Roman did, and although she knew that she should have pushed the man away from her, she was comfortable sharing his warmth and sadness. She had started to unknowingly like him, and it wasn't a simple platonic kind.

Then Roman caught his Alpha's powerful presence lingering close by, and his heart picked up speed. He looked at Daria who was looking up at him with a small smile. She was about to push herself off his side and stand up but before she could make a move the door banged open.

Emerson stood on the door with a frightening, murderous expression on his face. He noted the close proximity between his prisoner and her, it troubled him.

Roman immediately scrambled away in a hurry, and Daria sat up straight.

'Alpha.' He bowed, and was pressed against the wall with a hand closed around his throat before he looked up.

'How dare you touch her.' He growled, his voice reverberating through the room in a hollow echo. Daria's wolf once again made her presence know by slow purring, she couldn't resist after the exaggerated show of jealousy.

'Al-alph-' Roman's face had sweat dripping down his face and it had turned an unattractive shade of red.

'What are you doing! Leave him.' Daria pulled at her mates hand using all her force, but apart from the little dancing shocks there was no effect. 'Emerson, leave!'  She dug her nails into his palm till it bled. He looked at her with black eyes, his wolf was awake.

The Keeper's body smashed into the opposite wall with a bang. Daria wanted to run towards him but she saw her mate make a move in the same direction. So she caught hold of his hand and twisted it towards her, holding it in a powerful grip. She quickly changed the position of her hands, from his hands, to his face. With one on each of his cheeks, she pulled him closer and let her lips hesitantly touch his.

The sweet, taste of his lips sent her into another world. Warmth was travelling from her lips and right to her toes where they curled up on their own accord. She continued to hold his face, but loosened her grip only fractionally so that she didn't leave the marks of her fingerprints on his chiseled face.

She pushed him back and carefully observed Emerson's wolf who had calmed down by the touch of his mate, but that didn't mean that the anger was completely gone. He made another move towards a fallen Roman, who rolled onto his back so that he was able to watch his oncoming threat.

Daria, in a desperate attempt, tried to catch hold of his face once again to do use the method she discovered she had a love-hate relationship with. She loved the kiss but she hated the man. She understood the wolf but she condemned the man.

He didn't let her touch him, so she stuck her leg out and being nearly blind in anger he tripped over her right foot, hitting his nose straight onto the hard floor. The sharp smell of blood was detected instantly and he rose from the ground with a hand covering his nose.

He wiped away his bloody nose with the sleeve of his blue shirt, and stood still.

'Are you crazy!' Daria shouted at him, not fully understanding the state of his mind. Roman was scared for his friend and prayed to the Moon Goddead for her protection.

'Am I crazy?' Emerson asked with a crazed glint in his eye.

'You could have killed him.' She growled.

'That was the plan.'

'You have no right to be jealous.'

'I am not jealous!' It was his turn to growl. 'I can charge him with espionage right now, he is betraying his family for a lowly outsider.'

'He is providing his Luna company. And you could, but then you'd lose the morals that you seem to hold so close to your heart.' She flashed him a smile cold enough to freeze the Great Lake back home.

'You still seem to be under the false impression that you're a Luna.' He said.

'I'm not your mate, but the minute our wolves connected, this pack became my responsibility as much as yours.' She argued back.

'Our wolves never connected, it was all an illusion.'

'So you're saying that if I do this-' Daria placed her warm hand on the curve of his neck. '-then you feel nothing?'

But the answer was clear in the way his eyes rolled back for a millisecond to the back of his head.

'Or if I do this-' she took a brave step forward towards him, placing her lips right above his collarbone, not touching. 'You don't wish to pull me closer?'

Daria closed her eyes, putting away all her bad memories with him into a small box at the corner of her mind and made it a mission to distract Emerson from the gaping, wounded man sitting in the sidelines.

The said man was pretty much knocked out, but he too felt the jealously burning in the pit of his stomach. Daria was putting on a show, and he didn't like it, even if she was doing it for him. Especially if she was doing it for him.

But he didn't say anything, after all they were mates and poking his nose into matters decided by the Moon Goddess could be dangerous. Luckily Roman didn't have to witness the scene in front of him for long as his Alpha, Emerson Cardin shoved his mate away with weak force.

'How dare you try to seduce me the same way you insulted my fellow pack member! You're a siren who should be burned for her schemes.' He accused her unhappily.

'I wasn't trying to seduce you, I was just proving a point.' Roman was amazed at how her voice didn't shake or break.

'By being a whore?' Emerson's words hit her hard, she felt her eyes prick slightly.

'How dare yo-'

'How dare you.'

'Get out of this room!' Daria yelled on top of her voice.

'Don't forget your place prisoner.' He warned.

'Alpha.' Roman stood up, trying to keep it respectful but the warning was clear. Emerson didn't like the way the traitorous pup was behaving towards him.

'I'm not forgetting anything Emerson Cardin.' Daria promised, more thought behind those words than what was immediately processed, in another bid to capture his attention.

Roman flinched, immediately kneeling on the floor with his hands behind his back. Daria's eyes snapped towards him and then at Emerson who had an emotionless expression on his face.

'Walk.' He ordered the kneeling man who shuffled forward in pain, and led him outside. The click of the door followed immediately.

________|||________

My my, things are building up aren't they?

Read, vote and comment!

All of you are amazing! Have a great day!

Chapter dedicated to @emwatsxn
for always letting me know what she thinks about the update! ;)