30.0

TOGETHER

There was a thunderous echo of growls that only seemed to be growing in volume. Daria and Alan were stuck in the middle of both the packs as the centre of attention. In her line of sight she recognised her parents, Raya and an unknown male wolf standing protectively next to her sister made her smile.

It looks like she had either finally patched up with Christopher, or he refused to leave her alone.

Daria opened her mind link and was glad when the voice of concerned pack members flooded her mind, and even though she never wanted to be alone ever again, she needed to concentrate.

'Thank you for coming.' She projected the message to everyone present there before blocking them off.

They all howled in perfect synchronisation, their tails swishing and paws shifting from spot to spot. The Alpha of the Sigmore pack stepped forward with Daria's father following close behind. Emerson also moved with his Beta and Gamma flanking him, they both looked strong and menacing. The testerone levels in the air was too much to handle for a few females and males who nipped the empty air, shaking their head from left to right.

Alan started to retreat towards the safe side, nudging Daria with his snout to make her follow him but Emerson's ferocious roar made her pause.

'You have done a crime by attacking and endangering our pack members and stealing the daughter of a respected member. Give her back to us, along with a compensatory territory and we shall leave you alone.' The Alpha of the Sigmore pack said clearly, naked as the day he was born when he shifted back to his human form.

Emerson just roared in response, crouching low on the ground, preparing to pounce if anyone dared to attack him on his own territory.

'He is my mate.' Daria projected to the minds of the Alpha Ron and her family who looked shocked at the relevation.

'Then we can't take you away! Did he leave those marks on your wolf?' Her mother asked.

'Do you want to stay with him?' Raya asked her little sister concerned.

'No, please, please take me away from here.' Daria said, breaking at the thought of having to stay there again.

'Run.' The Alpha told her with anger in his eyes. 'Attack!' He ordered the rest of the pack, and not one person held back, charging forward in long strides. After that everything went havoc, each wolf found an enemy to attack, some were attacking in pairs, some were getting attacked by three wolves at a times. But Daria didn't stop to help, she followed her Alpha's orders and sprinted faster than she ever had in her nineteen years of existing.

When she was a comfortable distance away, she rested for a minute to catch her breath and let her wolf recuperate, she was still in shock.

'Running away somewhere Miss Kanos?' She hadn't heard anyone following her so the hoarse voice came as a shock to her. She paused mid step for a second, before increasing her speed. She heard a crack of bones and then the two wolves dashed through the forest in full speed, one playing the role of a hunter while the other was being hunted.

She could have easily escaped him, but her legs were not as strong as they once were and it tired her out. He caught upto her in no time, his wolf form laying firmly over hers, allowing her no place for any movement.