My Knight in Shining Armour.

Its not like i did anything wrong, but why is everyone starring at me ? This is not good.

"Is there anyone in this school who dares to confront the almighty me?" Justin shouted out loud. 

"No" came a collective reply from everyone. What is this place ? Is this somekind of cult?

Justin turned towards me. Gestured for someone to volunteer to hold his plate and thongs. Vanessa did that for him, smiling to herself. I tried my best not to make eye contact. He too one step forward. I took one step backward. He placed his hands on my shoulders. What am i going to do ?

"Do you have something to say?" He asked me in a threatening tone.

Yes I do you Jerk !!!

"No I dont" I said stammering. What is going to happen now?" Kate you Coward"  those words were echoing in my head. I hate this pathetic feeling.

Justin let go of my shoulders. "Pathetic !!!" saying so he laughed and made his way to Vanessa. Everyone burst out laughing.

Max was there, standing in a distance watching this spectra with his friends. Its not like I want my brother to be my Knight in shining armour but it would feel great if my brother stood up for me, at least once. My father was not someone I could depend on either he left us to fend for ourselves because he found himself a better wealthier family…….

Now I remember why I fell in love with Kevin. He was the only person on whom I can lean on. When things got better or worse, he was the only person I could think of. He was always there for me. But kevin is not here now. Kate don't be a baby ! you are over Kevin. Kevin was my Dark knight, My saviour. He is not here now so I have to fend for myself.........

"You should try this salad its really good !" Came a familiar voice..... It was Damon.

I was feeling really embarrassed and lost in thought, that I didnt realize that I was standing in the same spot like a statue. When Damon said that it kind of came as a shock to me and I woke up from my trance. 

Damon walked up to me and snatched my plate from my hand. He filled it with salad, at the same time he gave me a pleasant smile. He then gestured me to follow him. He caught me off guard, so I ended up following him like a puppy. Damon and I sat together for lunch. In a minute , I was no longer the girl who was bullied by Justin, Now I am the girl who Damon had lunch with. Laughter's turned into whispers of jealousy the moment Damon invited me for lunch. I was sitting opposite to him. I had no idea what was happening.

"I told you not to mind that Idiot. He is always upto nonsense. Just ignore him." He said.

All i could do was smile. "Thanks" at last i spilled those words out.

"I don't remember helping you in anyway. Don't mistake this. I am not interested in you. You seemed like the only reasonable person around, So being two of a kind I think we should stick together" He said.

"Thanks ! for wanting to stick with me." I replied shyly and continued to eat. Wow ! the salad was surprisingly yummy. I've never had such a great salad in all my existence. I am the kind of person who gets really happy and excited over food.

"Oh! My! God! this salad is really Yummy ! I love it! " I said with utter excitement, Smiling, I stuffed some more inside my mouth.

Damon smiled and continued to eat. Lunch break got over. I stood up to leave. Damon was still there treating himself to a cup of "Custom made Coffee" (or at least that's what I heard it was).

"Don't feel offended that I am not interested in you. I am not interested in girls. I only like pet animals like Cats" he said. Cats ? What is he trying to imply?

"No not at all. Cats are cool !" I said as I smiled back at him. Damon suddenly broke out into mild, admiring laughter. For once it felt really good to see someone other than Kevin smile. Damon said he was going to skip this period. I went to class. The moment I entered the heavily air-conditioned room, Ronnie came up to me,

" Kate I dont believe this ! You rock! Justin statson touched you shoulders and to top it off you had lunch with Damon" she said.

Am I hearing right? "Justin statson touched your shoulders", she has got to be kidding. What could possibly be so good abou that. How come she has overlooked the fact that he bullyed me. "why should I feel good about that jerk touching me?" I barked. I think I said that a little too loudly because Vanessa walked up to me.

"Jerk? You should be lucky to breathe the same air as Justin! Instead of celebrating this, your calling him a jerk!!! Who do you think you are ?" She said. Her comment attracted the attention of the entire class. Whats with these people! Am I some kind of road show?

"I should be the one asking you that! Who do you think you are barging in on our private conversations? Are guys Justin's groupie's or something?" I said mustering up the courage. I've Had it.

"Huh ! Did you just hear what she said? For someone this pathetic you do have a big mouth. Why don't you say this right on his face ! If you have the guts ! Loser !" she replied. Loser?

" Gladly ! where is that jerk? I tell him right on his face how annoying he is and what a bunch of losers he has for followers !!!" I shouted out.

Everyone's gaze shifted, behind me. Don't tell me Justin is right behind me ? I am so dead !!!!! I slowly turned back. I was right. Justin Statson was right behind me. Huh! I hate such cliches!.

"Tell me what ? He demanded leaning against the door with his hand in his pocket. I froze on the spot. I guess its true what they say "Think of the devil and the devil appears!" . Justin proceeded to walk towards me. I had no Idea what to do or say. It was easy talking big to Vanessa but seeing him right in front of me.......... I AM SO DEAD !!!!!!!

"Dont tell me you have nothing to say !, that would be a total waste !" He said. I hate that smirk on his face. !!! i stood there petrified. Kate why cant you muster up the courage to say something, i told myself. Justin started walking around me, Checking me out from head to toe. I could feel his gaze burn a hole through me.

"Class ! How should we punish this pathetic creature for wasting all our time !" He shouted out. What am i going to do ?

"throw her in the garbage", 'lets give her a tomato party", "let her polish all our shoes" came possible suggestions. But Vanessa had a grin over her face.

"Justin ask her to kneel down and apologize to all of us. One at a time." She said.

What did I do to all of you? We just met today and I am already your enemy. This is too much. Why should I kneel down and apologies !! I cant stand this !!

"lets go by vanessa's suggestion. Its been a long time since we gave that punishment to anyone right?" he said, As he stood in front of me starring at me. I think I am going to break into tears any moment now. Kate don't ! you cant show them your tears ! You cant be weak in front of them !

I just stood there unable to say or do anything. Everyone started shouting in unison for me to kneel down in front of him. I resisted with all my might. i pretended I did not hear them. But as their shouts intensified I could not pretend anymore. I slowly knelt down. I opened my mouth to apologize.

 when,....................................................

" This does'nt suit you !" Came Damon's voice he was standing at the door. "Let's go I dont feel like skipping class all by myself. I will treat you to coffee" He said proceeding to leave. I looked at him in disbelief. He took a step forward and then turned back.  "Aren't you coming?" he asked. I dont know how to express how I am feeling right now. I was once again frozen.

Damon sighed and then walked up to me. He grabbed my arm and helped me stand up. He then got a hold of my wrist and led me outside. 

Leaving everyone including me dumbstruck !!!!!!!

******************************************************************************************

Please vote and comment !!! :)