A Dangerous Drink

We break the surface of the water to see that we are in a huge cave. The walls are black as night and smooth as silk. They are obsidian. So is the ceiling. But it isn't pitch black in the cave due to hundreds of thousands of the glowing creatures that come out to the pond at night. Their ethereal blue light fills the space and dances around the room, bouncing off of the reflective walls and ceiling, making it look like we have been sucked into space and are flying through the stars.

"Did you know this was here?" I ask, popping the bubble around my face.

"I had no idea," says Draco, doing the same.

I spot a bank a few meters away and swim toward it. I expect to come out on cold stone, but instead, it is covered with a squishy, baby soft plant with tiny glowing white and yellow flowers covering it. When we walk over it and sit down, a powdery light swirls up around us. And it smells like roses and honeysuckle and sunshine.

"Who knew a place like this existed right here in the Forbidden Forest?" I mumble, staring around in wonder. 

"Well, there are a lot of things about Hogwarts and the grounds around it that no one knows about, right? Isn't it in Hogwarts a History?" he asks and I can hear the slight teasing in his tone.

"No, it's not in Hogwarts, A History," I say, raising an eyebrow at him. He has the decency to look ashamed, for a moment, then he is laughing again.

I smack him on the shoulder and he just laughs harder. We end up rolling through the strange flowers, making the powdery light flow up around us and float up to the ceiling, creating swirling clouds of glowing light.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry," he says once I have him pinned beneath me. It is pretty obvious he let me win, but I'll take it.

"That's better," I say and I lean down and give him a quick kiss.

We spend all afternoon in the cave, swimming amongst the glowing stars and laying in the flowers. Eventually there is a golden light filling the cave due to us disturbing the flowers. Draco waves his wand and summons some lunch. But eventually, we have to get back for the Halloween feast.  

Draco strides over to his table and I head over to sit next to Ginny. The food is amazing and me and Ginny spend the whole time talking about what is coming up this week and just catching up in general. 

"You know, I never see you anymore except in class. I don't think that is fair," says Ginny when desert appears.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had been such a recluse," I apologize, realizing just how much time I have been spending hold up in my room with Draco.

"Well, its over. We are going to have some girl time this week, and you don't get a choice in the matter," insists Ginny.

"I'm not arguing. We can have girl time whenever you want," I tell her laughing a little guiltily.

"Fine, every Wednesday evening, after dinner, you kick Draco out of your room and we get our girl time. We can add other days as we see fit, but Wednesdays are mine," she says smiling.

"Of course Ginny, Wednesdays are girl times," I promise.

And that is how it is. Draco just laughs and hugs me when I tell him, saying "I'm sure I can find something to do Wednesday evenings beside worshiping the ground you walk on, but it won't be easy." So at least once a week, sometimes more, Ginny comes over and we kick Draco out. We talk and do homework. We have girl time.

And I can hardly believe it when it is already the first of December. Things between me and Draco have only gotten better. I can't get enough of him, I love everything about him. But, once again it is Wednesday and time to kick him out. Ginny will be here any minute.

"Are you sure I have to leave" he mumbles against my lips as he pins me against the wall, his hands on my waist, pulling me against him. It is the same as every Wednesday.

"Yes, you have to go," I sigh, though it is always hard to make him leave.

"If you say so," he says, dropping his lips to my neck, running them over my pulse point, sucking lightly and making my blood boil.

"Alright, Alright, break it up," says Ginny, striding in the room with her bag over her shoulder.

"I know, I know, I'm leaving," says Draco. "I love you," he whispers against my mouth with a last kiss and then he turns and walks from the room.

Draco

Ugh, I hate Wednesdays. I can never find anything to do. So, as usual, I head to the library. But on the way there, I change my mind. It has been a while since I talked to any of the other Slytherins. So I change my course and head to the Slytherin Common Room.

While I walk through the empty halls, I think about Hermione. Although, that isn't that special since I am always thinking about her. She has invaded my mind and my soul, and I like it. I like the warm feeling I get in my stomach every time I think about her. I love how, just seeing her after being away from her for any length of time can still give me butterflies in my stomach.

But, I can't curse Wednesdays too much, because she enjoys them and that makes them a little better. But they are hell for me. I miss her when she is gone. I hate not being able to see her. I though it would get easier, the longer we were together, but it only gets worse. But she is having fun and it is only one day, so I head into the common room. Some kids on the couch, a couple 6th years that I have come to like, wave me over. 

I take a seat in the arm chair beside them and join in their conversation about quidditch. And for the first time since I got back to Hogwarts, I am actually having a good time without Hermione. I still miss her, but it is nice to get caught up on what is going on outside my own personal world. So I don't even think about it when someone shoves a butterbeer into my hand. I tip it back and take a big gulp without missing a beat. It isn't it is way too late, that I realize what a huge mistake I have made. 

Nicola

It is finally done! I have been waiting so patiently, staying under the radar, making no trouble. I have had to sit by  and watch as he drooled after the filthy mudblood and she just trapped him in her net. But now, his guard is down. But I had no idea it would be so easy. When I head to the common room, the potion hidden in a vial in my pocket, I had no idea he would be there. He is sitting with a couple students, talking. He doesn't even notice me come in. A wave of anger at his attitude surges through me until I realize I can use it to my advantage. I thought this would be hard, but he has been delivered right into my hands. I grab a butterbeet and pop off the cap. No one is even giving me the slightest notice as I tip the vial up and empty it out into the bottle. He doesn't even notice that I am the one that hands him the bottle. He doesn't hesitate at all before tipping it up and taking a huge drink. I smile to myself, happier than ever. And so it begins. By tomorrow evening, he won't even remember that filthy mudblood's name.