Forever and Always

Because we have both passed our apparation tests, we don't have to ride the Hogwarts express back to London when Christmas break starts. We just ride the carriages back to the Hogsmeade station where we can safely apperate home. Draco has been silent the whole ride. He has just been holding my hand tightly in his and staring out the window. When we get there kids mill around us, hurrying to board the train. Suddenly Draco pulls my hand, tugging me closer and wraps his arms around me. I hug him back, confused at his sullenness. We stand like that until the train pulls away and we are standing alone at the deserted station. 

"What is going on Draco?" I ask, pulling back enough to see his face.

"Nothing. This is just the longest we will have been apart since we got together," he says.

"You will be fine, you won't even miss me. Besides, I'll see you in 3 days for Christmas," I remind him.

"Won't even miss you? I already miss you," he says rolling his eyes at my comment. 

"Only 3 days, then we'll have the whole week after Christmas to do whatever we want," I say.

"Hmmm what could we possibly do..." he says suggestively,  tapping his chin with one finger.

"Get your mind out of the gutter," I laugh, smacking his chest. He finally laughs, his hair falling in his eyes.

"Alright, I apologize," he says, still smiling widely.

"Well, I should probably go, my parents are expecting me," I say and suddenly the nervousness that has been plaguing Draco floods my stomach, making it churn.

"I'll see you Christmas Eve in Diagon Alley," he says, all signs of laughter wiped from his face.

"I'll be there," I tell him.

"I love you Hermione," he says, pulling me against his chest for another hug.

"I love you too," I tell him. 

He leans in and gives me a soft, lingering kiss. When he steps back, I turn on my heel and disapperate before he can see the tears stinging my eyes.

When the suffocating sensation subsides, I am standing outside my parents new home. When I found them in Australia and reversed the memory charm, I explained everything that happened. After they got over the initial shock, they decided to stay in Australia for safety reasons. Even though Voldemort is gone, not all of his followers are. I agreed with their decision. I don't want death eaters tracking them down and trying to get information from them.Besides, since I have passed my apperation test, I can visit whenever I like.

I hop up the stairs and walk inside. My mother is in the living room, vacuuming and my father is in the kitchen cooking dinner. My mother squeals when she sees me and hurries over to engulf me in a tight hug. When she releases me, my father grabs my shoulders and takes my mother's place, hugging me tight. We head into the kitchen and sit at the table while my father returns to his dinner. 

For a long time, we sit there catching up. I fill them in on all of my school work and how it is being head girl. They listen with rapt attention, but I can sense some restlessness in my mother. She keeps looking at me expectantly, as if waiting for me to divulge some huge secret. But it isn't until dinner is done and night has fallen that I finally figure out what she is waiting for. 

I am in my room, getting ready for bed when she comes in and sits on my bed. My father has already gone to bed since he has to be up early to go to work, but my mother took the holiday off to spend time with me while I am away from school. She pats the bed next to her, a huge smile on her face. I go and sit next to her, tucking my legs under me and turning to face her.