Let the Games Begin

Nicola

I have been waiting a long time for them to come back. This break seems to have lasted much longer than most. But it hasn't been a waist. I have been working quite hard ironing out every facet of my plan. I am now quite certain that nothing can go wrong. I will get that skank mudlbood away from Draco. Yes, he will come looking for her, but there is no way he will find us in time. I don't need much time to get rid of her for good. Then, when he does show up, he can either join her or he can choose to survive, I don't  really care which anymore. 

I walk through the vanishing door that leads to the Room of Requirement. I look up at the biggest part of my plan and laugh. After all, if it wasn't for Draco, this plan would never work. I can't believe no one bothered to check if it was still here and still working. Idiots. But their ignorance is my ticket to happiness. I walk behind it to the small cauldron seated on a burned desk. It is almost ready. The venomous green liquid bubbles and froths. There is no way this plan can fail. I don't care about being expelled anymore. No one makes a fool of me, no one. One way or another, she will be dead by the end of the month.

Hermione

We spend the last few days of Christmas break hanging out at the beach house. We get all of our homework done and spend the rest of the time watching movies and swimming and just enjoying the vacation. But new years has us back at the Hogsmeade station. The wind is bitingly cold as we trudge back up the long walk to the school. I cuddle close to Draco, drawing on his body heat. We both sigh in relief when we step inside the warm entrance hall. I see a flash of red and then something slams into me, knocking me back.

"Calm down Ginny!" I laugh, hugging her back.

"I can"t! What is that on your finger?" she asks louder than I would like. Several people in the vicinity turn to stare at us, including a certain Slytherin pain in the arse.

"Um, a fingernail," I shrug, trying not to smile when she rolls her eyes and gives me a dirty look. 

"Don't mess with me Hermione. You know what I'm talking about," she scolds grabbing my hand and holding it right in front of my face so the ring is right in front of my eyes. "You got engaged and didn't even bother to send me a letter and let me know?" she asks.

"I wanted to wait and tell you in person, but I don't think here is the right place to do it," I say quietly. I just caught sight of Nicola's face and it leaves a cold feeling in my chest. She is sneering as she watches the exchange closely. I tug on Draco's hand and nod toward her when he looks at me. It doesn't take him long to spot her, but he just shrugs and rolls his eyes.

"Well then let's go to your room and you can tell me all about it," she says grabbing my free hand and pulling me up the stair case. Draco follows close behind, his hand on the small of my back.

"Alright dish," she says when we step into the common room Draco and I share. 

"I'm going to go unpack and get stuff ready for tomorrow," says Draco and heads into my bedroom, our bedroom.

"Hermione, tell me everything," Ginny begs, sitting down on the couch. I sit next to her and do as she asks. I tell her pretty much everything, from the proposal to Draco's mom to my parents. She listens with rapt attention until I am finally through.

"And I wanted to ask you if you'd be my maide of honor. I am an only child and you're the closest thing I have to a sister..." I begin but she doesn't give me the chance to finish. She hugs me again and when she pulls back her eyes are shining.

"I am so honored! Of course I'll be your maide of honor!" she says and then hugs me again. She even hugs Draco when he comes out of the bedroom. She stays until she has to get back or get in trouble for being out in the halls at night. Exhausted, Draco and I head to bed.