Chapter 5: Hope

Luna's POV

Neville walked back into the Great Hall with a smile that lit up the whole room. 

"Look at this!" He said excitedly as he shoved a document in front of my face. His hand was shaking so bad from thrill that I had to take it out of his hand to be able to read it.

"Neville Longbottom specifically has my permission to move into the Ravenclaw dormitories until term is over. Sincerely Minerva McGonagall."  The letter read.

"Neville this is great!" I exclaimed, jumping up and meeting his same level of jitters. 

"We'll get to see each other a ton now!" He excitedly reminded me as he embraced me in a hug. I smiled as I hugged him back. "Gotta go now. I have to take this to Professor Flitwick," he said once we released. 

"Okay Neville. I'll see you later," I smiled as I waved good-bye. He waved back and left again. 

"What was that all about?" Ginny asked me as she came over to my table.

"Neville's moving into the Ravenclaw dorm for the rest of the term!" I happily told her. She smirked as I finished.

"But you're so happy about that one," she teased. 

"Shut up before someone hears you!" I warn as I playfully punch her in the arm. She giggles and smirks before leaving to join Harry. I sigh as I sit back down in my seat. I'm really going to miss her when she leaves tomorrow. She's the only one that knows I like Neville, literally the only one. And now Neville's staying in the Ravenclaw dorm. He's one of my best friends, and I'm really excited to see him a lot the rest of term. I can tell he's excited too, I just don't know if it's for the same reason. Sometimes he acts like he likes me, but how can I be sure without asking? I tried to convince Ginny to ask for me, but she wouldn't. Guess I'll never know. I just think now, maybe, just maybe, I have a chance.