Part 6: Date?

Neville's POV

"So Luna," I said after I had brought all my things to the Ravenclaw dormitory. "What are you doing tomorrow?" 

"What do you mean?" She asked as she turned to face me in her seat. We were in the common room and she was speaking with Cho, who was also leaving tomorrow. 

"I mean, after everyone's left, there's not much we'll be able to do the rest that day," I paused and waited for her reaction. She contemplated what I was saying and then plastered that beautiful smirk on her face.

"Neville Longbottom, are you asking me out on a date?" She laughed at the thought. How deep and big that wound is. She laughed at the thought of going on a date with me, Neville Longbottom. I don't really blame her though. Look at me, and then look at her. Why would an elegant being like her want to date a awkward, clumsy being like me?

"No, not a date," I cried, trying to hide my disappointment. "I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out. You're like one of the only friends I have here," I said as I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck, realizing this was the wrong thing to say. Now I just look desperate, way to go me.

"Oh, sure Neville. I'd love to," she said. "But only if we don't hang out until everyone that's leaving is already gone. I don't want to miss saying goodbye to anyone." 

"Okay Luna, I'll see you tomorrow then," I said uncomfortably as I stood to leave. Before I left though, I looked over my shoulder at Luna. Cho was raising her eyebrows up and down at Luna, teasing her for an unknown reason.

"It's not a date!" She shrieked as she playfully hit Cho's shoulder. 

I wish it was though, I thought to myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading my stories! Sorry this part took me so long to write, I've just been really busy. 

I really appreciate all the support and I'm going to try and write a new part every other day. Enjoy! :)