03: "Twilight"

He watches her.
Stuck in his cold, dark side of the kingdom, he watches her.

He yearns for her.
He craves to touch the face that brings him sunshine as he thirsts to bask in the warmth of her glowing smile.

But Richard could only look from afar; a curse that envelopes his heart, trapping him into the cold, dark recesses of his soul. He watches and wishes that she could be his salvation.

She sees him.
As she dances under the light of the day, she sees the way he suffers from eternal slumber; hidden amongst the shadows and gloom, she knows that he walks when all is asleep.

It saddens her.
Maine, whose energy wraps everyone's hearts with joy, is grieving of the fact that he could not escape the darkness looming over him.

She wants to save him.
She needs to see his smile again, like when they were children.

In which every dusk, Maine gathers the courage to walk amongst the shadows to get to him even though it frightens her. At first he watches her, afraid of her light. He is terrified of the warmth which he could only watch from afar.

"Richard...." she says as she crosses over the threshold. Maine reaches out her hand, prompting him to be with her even for a while.

He looks down and reaches her, thankful that even for a few minutes of every day he could see her; that even for a while, he could feel her illuminate the shadows guarding his heart; that even for a while, he could dance under the light of the golden sky.