07: "Sweetest Drug"

They say theirs is a relationship so toxic they should give up, but she can't. Maine would rather drown herself into oblivion and live in a dark place with him than walk with them in the light.

"Narinig mo ba yung nangyari kay Maine?"

"Ano? That she is now living with that good for nothing? As if naman she'll be happy forever with him. Sayang no? She had a future ahead of her but now....."

Yes, she would rather be with him; his alcoholic, womanizing self. Maine would rather be with RJ because she knows at the end of the day, he'll come home to her; he always comes home to her.

"Where have you been, RJ?" She tells him as she sees him walk quietly into their apartment at dawn.

He smiles at her, obviously drunk. "Nag-aya lang si Pareng Tope, kasiyahan...birthday nya."

"Ah...." she walks to him slaps his chest "You're drunk again.." she looks at his collar "And what the heck is this lipstick stain? Ano? Nakipagsex ka nanaman?"

He smirks at her and hugs her from behind "Nagkatuwaan lang...di naman all the way. She kissed me so what could I do?" He kisses her neck "...besides, you're still my best yet."

She turns to look at him and pushes him to the wall, as she whispers in his ear "I better be...."

The sun is already high above the horizon when she woke up later that morning. She sits and groans wrapping the sheet closer to her body. She looks at the him; snoring, tattoos and all and smirks as he subtly moves.

Yes, she would rather be with him dark side and all than pretend to be that good girl next door. She would rather be herself, a dark soul, and live with the person that would make her truly happy.